Sure miss my Mason City support group

cydney
on 9/1/09 7:38 am - Montreal, WI
I recently moved to the northwoods of the UP and there is no support group up here.  Boy I have to say I miss my monthly support.  Visiting with friends, bouncing ideas off of each other, talking with people who are in the same boat as you.  Celebrating lifes ups and downs.

Anyway Hi all of you at Mason City Support group.  

Cindy
R C
on 9/1/09 12:37 pm - IA

They have a support group in Grinnell, it used to be on Saturday mornings.  Last time I went it was at the hospital.  They usually have a surgeon talk and the dietician, or some other healthcare professional.  Used to be very informational.  I'm surprised if Coster did your surgery he didn't share that information with you, or nobody told you when you met with the dietician. 

cydney
on 9/1/09 9:40 pm - Montreal, WI
Sorry I guess I was unclear to where I moved.  I moved to the upper pennisula of Michigan about 12 hours away from Grinnell.  Yes, Dr. Coster did tell me about the meetings and so did the dietician.  I got excellent care at Grinnell with both Dr. Coster and his staff.  Since I lived 9 miles west of Mason City I went to the support group there at Mercy Hospital.  It was a good support group for people from all different surgeons.  The closest up here is in Duluth Minnesota which is about 3 hours away at night so not  very feasible.

Thanks for the info though!
abossard
on 12/19/09 12:54 pm - MASON CITY, IA
Howdy from Mason City, Iowa

We all miss you as well.  :-)   We do have a good support system here in MC.  I do hope you find another really great support group where you moved to.  You live in a beautfiul area. :-)
  http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/861981/albums/74443/Angie%20270%20lbs_edited.jpg

Most Active
Recent Topics