3 days Post Op....Hell

2ndChance2k13
on 7/11/13 3:44 pm
DS on 07/08/13
So, this morning I woke in the hospital, hurting but looking forward to being released. Nope, It didn't happen! Instead, my doc came and told me I was more anemic today than yesterday so I had to stay another day for iron and if it doesn't work, blood transfusion is up next.

Then, my I V blew. So I had to undergo 8 rounds of digging into my hands, wrists and arms.

You guys were right about the strong urine smell. My God!

I have done some crying today in my moments of self-pity. I am just so ready to be finished with this phase.
Irishnurse
on 7/11/13 4:21 pm
DS on 04/17/13

You can do this...it will be over and in the past before you know it =)

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

starlightlu
on 7/11/13 9:23 pm - Canada

Courage! I PROMISE you it gets better!

PeteA
on 7/12/13 1:53 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I hope you feel better soon. I hate when they can't get the IV or the stick to get blood.

jzwife
on 7/12/13 2:28 am
I know it doesn't seem very comforting at the moment but it will pass. We have all been there and its hard, its painful and plain disheartening. But it is needful so we can leave in good shape. The day will come and go and then one day you will be looking back on your 3 month anniversary with a 40lb loss and grateful that all that hard stuff is behind you , and grateful too that you have had this opportunity for a new beginning! Hang in there- it will get better!
woodkd
on 7/12/13 2:47 am
DS on 06/19/13

Hang in there, it will get better.  The first 2 weeks were the worst, and then it starts coming together.

dustycroy
on 7/12/13 4:26 am
DS on 05/14/13

Im so sorry to hear you are having a bad time.  We are all here for you when you want to vent....  This is the rough part, Its going to get better....really it will....  chin up...wink

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

ANGELOJOS27
on 7/12/13 5:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13

I wish I was there longer than a day. I was sent home to fend on my own and ended up back there a week later. I went through FIVE IV's... You will be fine. Stay strong and let them take care of you.

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

staci0769
on 7/12/13 8:02 am - NE

I know how you feel right now "in the moment". i promise you that this too shall pass. you will get better. what is needed is needed. i do have to say they should of gave you a central line. thats what they did to me in surgery. no IV.s in arms or hands. in a few months you will look back on this and say I got through it and im doing great. take it one day at a time and believe me you dont want to leave the hospital if you're not doing well all around. take care! 

JazzyOne9254
on 7/12/13 2:22 pm

If you continue to have problems with your IV site, *demand* that they give you a PICC line. 

Last year  when I got infusions mine was started in a neck vein, and made things so much easier.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 436 views