Need advice

2renee
on 1/8/13 1:04 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

I am 4 months and 3 weeks out today.  I have a headache and my lower back is killing me.  It actually feels like my kidneys are swollen.  I am thinking I am dehydrated but no matter how much water I am drinking, it doesn't seem to be making a difference.  My PCP is not worth a hill of beans - not to mention I probably wouldn't get in to see her for at least a few days.   I don't think I feel sick enough to go to the Emergency room so I am wondering if there is something else I can try....

Valerie G.
on 1/8/13 1:29 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If you are dehydrated, an IV of fluids will make a world of difference.

Are you getting in 64oz of liquids every day?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

2renee
on 1/8/13 1:42 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

I have been good about drinking my water to date but I am realizing that although I have had water with me over the last few days, I haven't actually been drinking it...  It's been soooo cold, it makes it harder to think about drinking water...maybe too much coffee too...

Valerie G.
on 1/8/13 1:48 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Dehydration is so easy during the healing process.  Try some ho****er with lemon or soup.  It all counts....and you're right...fluids work much better when ingested instead of carried around, lol.  Some dehydration symptoms include fatigue,. aches, nausea...if you have these, do get to the ER for an IV.  It will make a good difference for you.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

J G.
on 1/8/13 2:24 pm

warm decaf tea, warm cranberry juice and water, warm crystal lite lemonaide....  You've got to drink to avoid the ER, Renee. :o)

puppysweets1
on 1/8/13 4:29 pm - CA

sugar free instant hot cocoa.  Broth, bullion, soups. 

Don't know how long you've felt like this - but headache and body aches could be the onset of the flu... Sometimes we forget that not EVERY symptom in our lives is caused by the DS. 

2renee
on 1/8/13 8:30 pm - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

I drank a lot yesterday and tried half a packet of oral re-hydration salts with a touch of juice to kill the salty taste.  My headache is gone as well as my lower back pain. I am peeing lots but I am still feeling a bit shaky so I now have to assume its a touch of the flu or something...

Thank you for your suggestions.  They are appreciated.

Renee

jennyrenny
on 1/8/13 10:27 pm - Canada
DS on 08/11/12

I'm glad you're feeling better but keep an eye on those kidneys. A kidney infection is not something you want to leave untreated.

Cheers!

Jenn

HW: 365, SW (August 11, 2012): 351

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 437 views