My first Surgiversary

sandrasoren
on 1/19/12 4:29 am
 So yesterday was my 1 year post-op mark.  I am so glad that I got the chance to make this change.  Last night I was reading some posts, and someone had put that this was the best present they had ever given themselves.  I concur! This is absolutely the best decision I have ever made, don't get me wrong I have had a "ton" of issues, but I have also had more than my share of triumphs.  I think the chance to live a better life really makes all the difference for me.  So.... I'm really looking forward to all the upcoming surgiversaries I'll get to see, and going to try to keep remembering all I have learned (protein! vitamins! exercise!), I will keep making goals so I have something new to achieve that keeps me in this lifestyle, and hopefully just get a chance to really enjoy life.  Cheers! (holding up my protein drink!) here's to the next milestone and best wishes to all of you in your endeavors.
~Sandra

SW-237     CW-120      GW-130         HT-5' 0.5"
DS - 1/18/11

Sarah F.
on 1/19/12 5:31 am
Congrats! Thank you for paying it forward and letting us know about the ds
worlfree
on 1/19/12 6:32 am - DivaTown, NC
 Congrats, I can't believe it.. 1 yr today for the both of us

sandrasoren
on 1/20/12 2:16 am
 Yay surgery sisters ;) Congrats again!
~Sandra

DS - 1/18/11

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/12 8:54 am
Congrats on your 1st Surgiversary Sandra...Continued success to you...Good Luck
gak
on 1/19/12 9:43 am
Revision on 06/21/13
 Happy Surgiversary ! Sounds like you have done awesome. The DS definitly rocks

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

J G.
on 1/19/12 3:59 pm

Sandra, congrats on having achieved such success at your 1 years mark!  I went to your page and your before and after pics are awesome.  You mention having problems with starches.  Which ones bother you?

sandrasoren
on 1/20/12 2:41 am
 Thank you! Lol about startches pretty much all of them unfortunately. I had no issues with any food before the surgery, but very specific restrictions now. So your post made me think (and it's something I should have done before) but I made a list of my foods from absolutely cannot eat to no problem.

Starch wise:
Absolutely no: (dumping syndrome kind of thing or vomiting)
pumpkin, beans, lentils, corn, squash, pasta, carrots, rice, sweet potatoes

Serious problem: (feel ill for hours)
oats, bread, crackers, popcorn, granola, potatoes, pretzels, cream of wheat, cereal(general), broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts

So there are a ton of foods on these lists, but these are starchy or semi-starchy lol.  Pretty much everything! I honestly just choose to eat the problematic foods sometimes and take the repercussions so I can have some variety. I have tried probiotics and enzymes that were recommended but I guess it wasn't meant to be :( I figure it's my body's way of ensuring I don't go back to where I was, the love affair with carbs has ended! lol
~Sandra

DS - 1/18/11

Frankie
on 1/19/12 11:01 pm - NY
Happy surgiversary and congrats you have done well rocking your DS.

Frankie

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/12 2:41 am
 A very Happy Surgiversary to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 988 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1173 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 453 views