i am having an impossible time eating after flue

Twi light
on 10/28/11 11:40 pm - NY
I been sick with 103.7 fever , cough, etc.  I got back on track with the vitamins relatively easily, but when it comes to food,  i just dont care for it. I am trying with the protein shakes, but at most i have been getting up to 70 grams of protein, i feel like i had to start all over again and i have no idea why it became so difficult.  All my fluids are good, all i do is drink warm tea etc, but i just do not want to eat anything, i force the shakes down  just to get something in.

How concerned should i be? Will this resolve itself when i feel better, will my appettite return? I am increasing my protein shake intake, i am trying to eat Something, cheese, yogurt, whatever just to get back into eating but i dont want to. I hope within 2 weeks to work my way back up to 100+ grams of protein, but i dont know how worried i should be currently.

MajorMom
on 10/29/11 12:00 am - VA
I think you're approaching this correctly. Don't push and I hope you'll be back to normal soon.
:)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Julie R.
on 10/29/11 4:14 am - Ludington, MI
I tend to get this way too now.  I've been struggling with a poor appetite for a few days now, as I have a rotten chest cold.    As long as you're getting in some protein shakes and your fluids (most important!) you'll be fine like this for a few days.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views