Three years today

Kerry J.
on 9/17/11 3:48 am - Santa Clara, UT
 Life is good, it was 3 years ago today, Dr. Rabkin took my guts out , spread them out on the OR table and fixed me up. It was pure misery for about 6 weeks, followed by almost three years so far of joy. 

I can hardly believe I still have the first pair of blue jeans I bought when I was 6 months out and they still fit. I haven't even bothered to weight myself for about 6 months. For the first time in my life, I don't care what I weight, I haven't changed size anywhere, so I'm happy as I can be.

Sorry I don't have the interest to hang around here much anymore, but it just got to be where I didn't feel like I had much of value to add. And I'm busy living life and having a ball. 

Best wishes to all, the DS rules as far as I'm concerned.

Kerry

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 3:51 am
Kerry J.
on 9/18/11 2:18 am - Santa Clara, UT
Thanks for the good wishes.

How are you doing? Is your ticker correct? Are you still trying to gain a few pounds and is your health imporving as well as you hoped it would? 

I've thought about you and your situation many times; you have a compelling cautionary tale to tell all who would consider RNY or ERNY.

I sure hope things are working out for you as you hoped they would.

Kerry
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/11 3:47 am
stillhopefull
on 9/17/11 4:05 am
 Hi Kerry,
I have missed you!!  Congratulations on your anniversary and glad to hear you are living life to its fullest.  
Terry
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
Kerry J.
on 9/18/11 2:23 am - Santa Clara, UT
Thanks Terry, time sure flys by, in some ways it's hard for me to believe it's been 3 years, in other ways, it now seems like I've always lived like this; weird huh.

In my case, almost all the big changes happened within the first 6 months after surgery. A few things have changed since then, but they're all very minor and I'm the only one that would even realize they've happened.

Mostly, I'm just older now; I was 56 when I had the surgery, so now I'm 59 and looking at the big 60 in a few months. Doesn't seem possible, that I could ever be 60, but it's coming... very strange.

Kerry
teachmid
on 9/17/11 4:17 am - OKC, OK
Kerry,
It's so good to see a post from you. Congratulations on your life and success. You were so much of a presence on the board when I started reading and I thank you for all your in-put. You are missed.

Best wishes
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Kerry J.
on 9/18/11 2:27 am - Santa Clara, UT
Aww, thanks Gail, you're very kind. I must confess, I'm really surprised and a bit overwhelmed by all the responses. I thought that few people would even recognize my avi or know me, but it looks like there are still lots of "experienced" OH, DSers here.

Kerry
teachmid
on 9/18/11 3:43 am - OKC, OK
You were an inspiration to me because I had my RNY in the 80's. You gave me hope.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

edeldog13
on 9/17/11 4:19 am - MO
Thank you Kerry for your post. You always gave me so much hope with your posts when I was new to the boards.
 Now I am 3 weeks out from MY OWN DS and I am over the moon happy. I had an open DS and I still pinch myself that recovery has been so uneventful! Today I am going for 2 protein shakes (30 grams protein each)!
Anyhow, I am grateful for your posts but even more thrilled you are, "out living life and having a ball"! That's my goal too!
Happy anniversary and MANY, MANY more!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 761 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1051 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 349 views