ANYONE PLEASE...!

devaoner
on 3/5/12 9:39 pm
  ANYONE I NEED SOME INPUT, HELP! SO I JUST TOLLED EVERYONE A COUPLE GO AGO I WAS APPROVED FOR PS A TT I FINALLY HAVE A SET DATE OF MAR27. AND IT'S BEEN FLYNN BY ME QUICK MAYBE TOO QUICK BECAUSE IM GETTING VERY SCARED EVEN THOU IT'S SOMETHING I NEED AND WANT BADLY. IS IT NORAML TO BE THIS SCARED AND THINK ABOUT IT ALL DAY AND NIGHT SOME TIMES IM SO SCARED I THINK ABOUT NOT DOING IT AND FEEL LIKE IM GONNA CRY! I STARTED RESEARCHING TT ON YOUTUBE AND SEEN SOME CRAZY VIDEOS THAT WERE HARD TO WATCH BUT I FELT I NEED TO KNOW! I THINK THTS WHEN I STARTED GETTING MORE SCARED.  ANYONE FEEL THIS WAY, I FEEL BY WATCHING THESE VIDEOS I HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF HOW MUCH PAIN IM GONNA BE IN AND IT'S GONNA BE WAY WORSE THEN RNY, I DO HANDLE PAIN WELL IM JUST SCARED OF INFECTION,DEATH AND DEFORMITIES LIKE MOST PEOPLE BUT HOW DO YOU STOP THINKING OF THE BAD THINGS, IM TRYNING TO FOCUSE ON THE BEAUTY AT THE END OF THE TUNEL BUT IT'S HARD!
maboots
on 3/5/12 9:47 pm
I think your fear is normal.  I had my TT in December of 2010.  There was more pain than RNY, but tollerable (for me anyway)  I had two C-Sections and a Hysterectomy prior.  I had my surgery at 9 a.m. and was home in my own bed by 3:30 p.m. that same day.  Again there was pain, but by day three, I was not taking any pain medication.  Would I do it again?  Absolutely.  My experience was very positive.  Who is your surgeon?
devaoner
on 3/5/12 10:18 pm
DR Burcato   In ridgefield ct he comes very recommend by Danbury hospital. He was very kind and listen very well I have a wonderful feeling with him doing my tt I'm just scared I've heard horror stories but I don't expect that to be me Im just nervous! Who did ur surgery? Thank you
maboots
on 3/5/12 11:41 pm
Dr. Restifo did my TT  he has an office in New Haven, CT and Wilton, CT.  That is WONDERFUL that you like him and have confidence in him. You will do great.  Just knowing what to expect is half the battle and it looks like you have done a lot of research.  Good Luck!
LMCLILLY
on 3/6/12 6:12 am - Central, CT
 I personally think it's normal.  I know I felt that way too.  I think PS is more 'optional' and it seemed to me to be such a serious decision with may potential consequences.  I struggled with the fear.  When I had WLS, I felt I was doing that to save my own life.  PS not so much- it seemed so muc more 'cosmetic' that I was worried maybe something bad would happen and it wouldn't be worth suffering that kind of consequence.  You know what I mean?

In the long run, I trusted my surgeon fully- his record and work were impeccible, so I jumped in and it all turned out great.  

Hang in there.  Do your reseacrch, but talk to your DR, because you can't believe everything you see/read on the internet.  

Best,

Lisa C

From CT

devaoner
on 3/6/12 6:52 am
 Your so right! May I ask who ur surgeon was I'm still looking for one who does thighs. Thank u for everything
LMCLILLY
on 3/6/12 6:57 am - Central, CT
Charels Castiglione out of CT Surgical Group in Hartford.  Top notch.  Difficut to get an appointment with though.  I wouldn't let anyone else touch me after meeting with him (and I met with several docs). Thats how much I trusted him and valued his expertise and experience.  

He does many post WLS surguries.  To me, that's the thing you need to be most concerned with...how much experience your doctor has with extreme cases- because we are NOT normal cases 99.9% of the time, I can assure you.  

Best,

Lisa C

From CT

Most Active
Recent Topics