Second Level Appeal (Not officially "denied"..yet)

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/03 4:26 pm - El Mirage, AZ
hi all, got the lovely "you suck" (almost letter) today. I can't believe Cigna sometimes. They got my second appeal on the 15th, and they zipped this reply to me postmarked the 17th. (HOLY CRAP, fast, huh??) Of course, the 19th-28th, I was in WI on vacation. Anywhoo, I wasn't "really" denied...YET. It's actually considerd a second level appeal, but wait, it gets better. I was supposed to call this gal by July 23rd!! (again, I was in WI on vcation, and I just got this letter today, the 28th!!) I'm not panicking yet...I'll call her tomorrow, tell her what happened. Actually, I'm rather encouraged. What will happen from here is one of three things, I could: 1. attend this external review board meeting in person. (not possible) 2. Send someone to represent me. (no way) or 3. participate in a conference call, which is what will happen. So I'll call this gal tomorrow, explain I was away on vacation, and try to get a new date set up. From there, they have 15 calendar days to render a decisssion to me. Here's hoping.....
Most Active