I reached my goal, and now onto a new one.

wantanewme
on 12/17/13 11:39 pm
VSG on 04/22/13

I haven't been on here in a long time. I have reached my goal weight, of 170. And now have made it to 163. I had surgery April 22 2013,8 months. I have a new goal for myself. I want to go to 155. Being a mom of 9 kids and trying to keep active hasn't been hard. But it has been hard with the holiday goodies around.

I also reached another milestone this week. I always get my clothing from thrift stores. So I had no idea what size I was. Yesterday I went to a local store, It was the first time in a very long time that I was not able to shop in the Woman dept. I was actually able to shop in the average sizes. I was also surprised when I tried on a blouse that was a size medium. My older daughter was also surprised. I have always been a 2 x or 22.24. It was such a shock. 

Since it is the holiday season, I just want to say.... If you are over weight, and have been thinking about, worried about, scared about having surgery... Don't. It has changed my life for nothing but the better. I was so scared, unsure. I did so much worrying that by the time it was time for my surgery I was worn out from stress. It was the greatest gift I ever gave myself, or my family.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, or any other Holiday you celebrate. I hope you and yours has a wonderful end to the year, and a even better New Year.

Most Active