January 2005 - 5 Year Anniversary for Us!!

MaryEllenC
on 1/9/10 4:57 am - Reedsville, WV
Hey January grads!

My anniversary date isn't until later this month, but if anyone still lurks around just wanted to say congratulations on reaching this milestone!  Life as a 5-year postop is definitely different from what we went through in the beginning and the 20-ish pound regain I've had is an unfortunate reality, but all in all my life and health is so much better than where I started at the beginning of this journey.

Hope someone sees this and posts a hello and update on how you're doing. 
Mary Ellen

Lap RNY 1-31-05
Highest Preop:  280 pounds
Current:  181 pounds
banksy
on 1/11/10 12:05 am
Hey,
This also my 5 year anniversary, Jan 5,2005, I cant believe how great it has been, 289lb. to 160 some days I get worried i'll start gaining again but, I start back to basic's when that happens, Have a great day and smile....
MaryEllenC
on 1/17/10 12:03 am - Reedsville, WV

Life is so much different now....isn't it?  Good to hear you're doing well and keeping it real by going back to basics when you need to.  Have a good one!

Mary Ellen

Lap RNY 1-31-05
Janet H.
on 1/15/10 5:02 am - Huntington, WV
Happy Anniversary!

My anniversary date was January 11, 2005 - 5 years really can't believe it.  I went from 333 lb. to 165 lb. with a gradual regain of 27 lb.  which I am working on getting off.  During the last 2 years I really slacked off on watching my food and basically quit exercising.  I knew I had gained some but 27 lbs. about blew me away.  I saw my Dr. and he put me back on the basic meal plan and told me to start exercising.  On Dec. 28, 2009, I took responsiblity for my failure and started back on the basic meal plan and joined Curves.  Exercising alone is no fun and lonely so joining a fitness group will keep me motivated.  Since Dec 28 I have relost 8.5 lb. with 18.5 to go.

Keep up the good work and don't let those pounds sneak back.  I DON"T want to revisit me as I was 5 years ago.

Janet
Have a blessed day!
Janet    

MaryEllenC
on 1/17/10 12:09 am - Reedsville, WV
You're story sounds similar to mine in that I slacked off about my eating and started to have too many carbs and sweets.  About 2-1/2 years ago I bottomed out with terrible anemia and stopped exercising because I barely had enough energy to take a shower and dry my hair, let alone do anything remotely physical.  I've been working on trying to get back into a regular exercise routine and also go to Curves (it really does help to go and be around other people to keep you motivated).  I've also started to see a psychotherapist who specializes in eating disorders and body image issues because I've had a lot of life stressors over the past couple of years and emotional eating reared its ugly head.  Trying to get myself back on track is a slow process but I'm working on it.  Unfortunately haven't seen any movement on the scale and know I need to concentrate more on my eating and increasing the exercise.

Best of luck with everything you're doing!
Mary Ellen

Lap RNY 1-31-05
Janet H.
on 1/17/10 7:02 am - Huntington, WV
Hopefully we can keep each other motivated.  Our stories do resemble each other.  No it is not easy but with encouragement from family and friends.......we can do it.

Have a great week!

Janet
Have a blessed day!
Janet    

Linda S.
on 1/18/10 9:28 am - Upper Deerfield, NJ
Happy 5th Anniversary! I too am celebrating my 5th today January 18th. I am doing great great. I am however still on bp meds:( but other wise life is good!
MaryEllenC
on 1/20/10 8:43 am - Reedsville, WV
Can you believe it's been 5 years?  Glad to hear life is good.  Take care!
Mary Ellen

Lap RNY 1-31-05
debdoc
on 1/20/10 6:01 am - fort wayne, IN

greetings!

i thought maybe there'd be some kind of activity on this board for the 5 year anniversary...and here you are! mine's jan. 25. and i'm so happy and delighted with the way my life has changed in these 5 years. i've gone from 463 lbs to 165. my bmi is normal.

and i feel like i can do anything!

congrats to all of us!

deb

Debstamper
on 7/6/11 8:47 am - CA
Hi Deb,
I am a Deb too.  Deborah!  Please give us some of your tips for staying on track and keeping your weight off.  It looks like us old timer are all about an average of about 20 pounds (gained back).  I want them back off and do NOT want to gain any more. 

Thanks
Deborah
Most Active
Recent Topics