Hello from The Netherlands!

Becky P.
on 7/22/06 5:47 pm - Elizabethton, TN
RNY on 01/25/05 with
Hello everyone, I just wanted to post and let you all know that my family and I made it to The Netherlands. We have been here for about a week. We are currently looking for someplace to live and are staying in a Bungalow Park. Thank goodness they have internet connection. The whole food thing has been hard because even just a hamburger is different in some resturants here. I am very fortunate that I can tolerate hamburger. We have lived in Europe before, Germany, but it is different here. For one thing we are not near a Military post, the nearest one is about 2 hours away. I will be making that trip once to twice a month to go grocery shopping at the commissary. Things are very expensive here. I know things will get better once we get a house and get settled. I don't have my scales with me so I worry about weight and I am just judging off of my clothes to keep me on track. It has been hard to eat with all the traveling and moving. Luckily I have had Slim Fast High Protein bars with me to help me make my protein. I am also very anxious to get back to the gym. I am right at 3 months out from my hernia/TT surgery. I am nervous about being away from my plastic surgeon but hopefully I will come back next February. I hope to have my boobs fixed, no implants, with the same surgeon. I will be paying out of pocket so I will fly back to CA and have him do the surgery. A really great friend has offered to let me stay with her while I am there!! Okay I hope you are all doing well!! Take care, Becky
Tracy B
on 7/22/06 10:20 pm - Erie, PA
I'm glad to hear that things are going well Becky! It sounds hectic, but I'm sure it will calm down once you're more settled in! Hope that all goes well for you! Tracy B 328/150 5'9"
miztex
on 7/23/06 2:24 pm - Pharr, TX
Wow! Becky, you look great! I am envious of you in the Netherlands. I have always wished to return there. I loved the country. Get a Bike and go native! Have some risjtafel for me! Ah, the museums, churches, the Concertgebow orchestra, the parks, the coffee houses, and the super nice people. I found most people there spoke English very well, so I hardly used my Dutch, as they all wanted to practice their English (which was WAY better than my Dutch!) I am glad your Tummy Tuck went well. I hope to get one someday (after I win the lottery ) Lou Ann
Dianne S
on 7/23/06 4:48 pm - Sunny, CA
Becky I am so glad that things are going well for you in the Netherlands. I can't imagine moving to a foreign country. Oh wait, I moved from Boston to the San Francisco Bay. Hmmm...talk about foreign.....Duh.. I'm glad the tummy tuck went well. You sound very upbeat. Good luck and keep us posted. I hope all continues to go well for you. Dianne
debdoc
on 7/24/06 3:38 am - fort wayne, IN
hi becky! so good to hear from you, and to know you and your family made it to the netherlands. good luck getting settled in...and keep in touch when you can. deb -261
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/06 10:27 am - Roseville, MI
I am so glad to see that you made it there fine. I will be keeping a look out for posts about how your life will be there. Suzanne
Vickie J
on 7/28/06 2:27 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Becky, Glad to hear you made it over there Ok & hope you find a home soon. I know you'll do better eating & exercising once you've got your own things unpacked around you. Take care & keep in touch! Vickie J.
Most Active
Recent Topics