Is it "Legal" for me to Advertise WLS Medical Bracelets Here?

Donna Childress
on 6/16/09 9:22 am - Maple Valley, WA
I hope someone out there knows the answer to this question.  I've been a member for nearly a year and can't access the question and answer section (it keeps coming up with little colored squares and no information, and the help page doesn't answer my question either.  I love this site and don't want to be kicked out for doing something site "illegal." 

So here goes.....I'm making WLS Medical ID Tag interchangeable bracelets since I found them all to be so darn expensive at the sites I was given to purchase them. 

Is it "legal" for me to advertise the ones I'm making on the Obesity Help forums/message boards to save members about 1/3rd to 1/2 price on these gastric bypass medical alert ID bracelets?

I sincerely thank you for your help!

ragadolly/donna

Hislady
on 6/16/09 2:33 pm - Vancouver, WA
I think any advertising has to be OKd and probably paid for by OH so you should contact them to see what the rules are. Seems I read something recently about someone getting in trouble for doing that. I'm sure some of the others will have better info.
Kathy P.
on 6/16/09 4:14 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Crystal advertises hers, with a link to her site.
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
juicyprincess
on 6/17/09 12:46 am - Tacoma, WA

i dont know, but can tell you that i found mine at the gift shop at St joes (in tacoma) and it was cheap, and it it cute! I think all told i spent about $20.00. it has silver and black beads and they are long and flat so they dont dig into your wrist like some beads do...

go

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 6/17/09 11:33 pm - WA
I think you should contact OH.

Merrilou
Kathy S.
on 6/17/09 11:50 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Hello,

Thank you so much for asking, we do appreciate it.  To sell on the forums is against the Terms Of Services......

Advertising and Selling

Unsolicited advertising or other forms of solicitation, including but not limited to monetary donations for personal profit, are not allowed. Members who are affiliates/referrers for a company may not advertise or push a product or company on the message boards or in their signature lines. Members found to be receiving financial gain or kickbacks for this type of advertising may be removed for abuse of the system. Paid Advertisers are allowed to post a simple link to their advertised website. For details on how to become an advertiser with ObesityHelp, e-mail [email protected].

Please contact our sales department and they will be glad to assist you with advertising options.

If you ever have questions about anything, please contact us at
[email protected] and we will be glad to help you.

Take care,
Kathy S
Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Donna Childress
on 6/18/09 2:56 am - Maple Valley, WA
Thank you Kathy for your information.  I will certainly do as you advised.  I love the ObesityHelp site!  Its been a true life-saver for me and so many others!  Keep up the fantastic work!

Sincerely,
Donna/ragadolly

Kathy S.
on 6/18/09 3:29 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
You are most welcome and Good Luck with your new business 

Take care,
Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active