Rang in 2012 in the ER!

Rcool
on 1/2/12 2:37 am

NYE night I began having horrible pain in between my shoulder blades that radiated to the front of my chest. I tried to push through the pain but it was too intense!! I ended up going to the ER. I told the doctor at the ER I had the VSG two weeks ago. They called my surgeon but was told he is out of town & that he does not have a back up doctor to fill in for him. So I suggested that the ER doctor order a CT scan to make sure I wasn't dealing with a leak. She agreed.  The CT scan came back clear but they felt I had a blood clot so I had to run a scan for that. That scan came back clear too. Then my blood work came back & they said I was having pancreatitis, yuck! So I spent two night in the hospital, on a clear liquid diet. I'm home now and doing better.  have any of you fellow sleevers had pancreatitis?

Becca20015
on 1/2/12 5:02 am
I havent.  But I am glad you are doing better. Hope you make a full recovery soon.
Rcool
on 1/2/12 5:50 am
Thank you!
nana S.
on 1/2/12 6:09 am - MI
 Hey,

it seems like we have the same surgeon and same issuies lol... anyways I had the same thing they told me my pancreatitis enzymes are high but Dr.Pleatman did CT scan and the scope to see if I have a leak or stricture but all the results came back fine, dont be scared. I hope you feel better soon, and hope to see you at the support group. take care 

Foxbins
on 1/2/12 8:07 am
Yes, I had the same kind of pain and I was diagnosed with pancreatitis too.  I had an ultrasound and was diagnosed with gallstones.  A gallstone had lodged in the pancreatic duct and was causing the pancreatitis.  I had my gallbladder removed five days later and I'm fine now.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views