sitting here crying

tracik3
on 3/30/15 6:59 am

I'm so sick of being fat!  Why oh why can't I eat like a normal person? What is wrong with me? UGHH!!!

I wear the same few tshirts over and over I had to go buy 2 pairs of shorts at walmart because my fat shorts didn't fit and I didn't want to spend much money on them because I want to lose weight.  We have a trip to Florida in the middle of May and I am dreaded going.  I REALLY REALLY DO NOT want to go swimsuit shopping. 

Ok, vent over..........

Mary Gee
on 3/30/15 7:15 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Have you made a decision yet about having surgery?  Most of us tried every diet in the book, and then some, and lost weight and regained it.  What are you doing now foodwise?  One thing that did help me lose weight pre-op was "Intuitive Eating"......

Good luck to you......hope things work out.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

tracik3
on 3/30/15 7:40 am

Insurance will only pay for rny and I'm just not ready to go that route. Although 5 minutes ago I was thinking screw it! I'm going to do it.

What am I doing foodwise? EATING everything and anything!

I will look up Intuitive Eating.

I guess I am just feeling sorry for myself today. 

Thanks

SkinnyScientist
on 3/30/15 8:04 am

Hi!

I just want to tell you, "You aren't alone!"

I think all of us have done the same thing you did (i.e. wondered what was wrong with us; wondered why we are/were obese).

When you give diets "you all" did they work?

Sadly, I had/have a hormone disorder called PCOS and when I gave it my all, the food was typically low fat and high carb, adn I didnt lose weight.

The TRUTH is: for the majority of American diet and exercise DONT WORK!  If it did, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, WW would all be out of business and watching what one ate really would work and people wouldnt regain or yo-yo diet.

Also, I didnt want RNY either and contemplated WLS THREE TIMES. I went through the psych exams, classes, nutritional lessons THREE TIMES before I had the guts to see it through.

I am glad that I had surgery though. I am actually LIGHTER than I was in high school and can do fun high school things like figure skating.

But I had to reach the point where I had tried EVERYTHING and failed at EVERYTHING before I knew that RNY was the only answer left.

You aren't alone and you have sympathetic and empathetic ears here.

Bless you!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

JAMStribe
on 3/30/15 10:00 am

I have said those words. I have tried every single diet that you can name. I STILL have no clothes because I too once had 2-3 outfits that I wore and simply now don't know even where to begin. 

I haven't been swimsuit shopping in 5 years, maybe longer but I know its been at least that long.

My life this time last year was get up go to work, get in the car and drive home.  go in and change into my pajamas and sit in my bed and listen to my latest audible book.. It hurt to walk   it hurt to stand for too long. I never went out with my friends or other couples because I was the biggest girl there.  I was uncomfortable and hated my own skin.   

Well I finally got sick of feeling like I was 75 instead of 45.

I went to the surgeon in February.  did everything he asked.  Saw the counselor and nutritionist. 

I walked if I could. Had my surgery June 30th 2014

It is by far the absolute best thing I have ever done for myself.  EVER

I was sick with morning sickness x 5 weeks because my hormones went crazy. I have dumped on just about anything you can think of. I have lost my hair  I have thrown up. I have had constipation.  and I wish every day I did this 5 years ago. 

I was terrified of the surgery because I don't do needles. I dont do blood. I dont get cut open etc.  but I was way more terrified of dying of heart attack and never seeing my kids have kids, never meet my grandchildren, never see my 30 th wedding anniversary.  

My heart is sad for you. I hope you make a decision that works for you.  The RNY was the best thing for me, no question.

Best of luck

Christine        

CGCL
on 3/30/15 10:57 am
RNY on 02/19/15

Yup. Been there. 

I just last night put my "OMG I'm so fat nothing fits I have to buy cheap new pants" pants on the donate pile because they literally are falling off me. I have some that I resurrected which are a couple sizes smaller and which I previously took in. I was able to wear them ten days ago to an outing, but when I put them on yesterday to go out they were also on their way down. I'm five weeks out.

It is scary to go under the knife. I have severe sleep apnea and had never been under anesthesia before. I ended up on oxygen until I was discharged (which I actually enjoyed, yay for oxygen!) I then developed an infection which put me back in the hospital for a week with a drain in my back. Lots of fever and pus, yuck.

But...I'm stuffed full on 400-500 calories per day. I am down 39 lbs from my pre surgery weight; 73 from my high weight. My knee that was going out no longer hurts (though does still click). My blood sugars have gone down from the 130s to the 90s. All in five weeks. 

Height: 6'0" HW 5/2013 295. Consult 7/29/14 275. SW 261. RNY 2/19/15. M1:-33! M2:-13.5. M3:-12. M4:-10.8. M5:-9.7. M6:-5. M7: -4.5. Pregnant 8/15-5/16. 10 weeks post partum: 173.

Chilipepper
on 3/30/15 12:07 pm

If your insurance company will pay for a bypass, WHAT YA WAITING FOR??? You have been blessed with this opurtunity. Many people only dream of having access to life saving surgery. 

Stop walloing in self pity...we have all been where you are. Snap out of it and understand that "dieting" is not going to get your where you need to be.  Surgery and a lifestyle change will. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

tracik3
on 3/31/15 5:57 am

I'm not doing it because I read all the bad that bad stuff that can and does happen. I know it doesn't happen to everyone but I could be me.  And I guess another reason is because I only have 80 pounds to lose. No that 80 is a small amount!! But, it the rny just seems so drastic with so many side effects for 80 pounds. 

I agree dieting doesn't work! Well, it works for a while then I gain it back.  UGH 

Chilipepper
on 3/31/15 7:37 am

You are at a higher risk of complications due to obesity than suffering complications from the surgery. It's more dangerous to have a knee or hip replace than RNY. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Joemac9408
on 3/31/15 9:38 am - Staten Island, NY
RNY on 02/04/15 with

Just to add to whatchilipepper said have read all the bad things that can happen if you don't have the surgery?  Those are much more scary than things that can happen from bypass. I was 260 when I had surgery, and my goal is 160 so it's close to the amount of weight you want to lose and the decision for me was easy because I was sick of dieting and than gaining it all back and than some. Obviously it's your decision but if being overweight bothers you this much it should be an easy decision. 

Surgery date: 2/4/15

Highest weight: 315. Pre-op diet weight: 289.  Surgery weight: 260.  Current weight: 138  Goal weight: 160 

Most Active
Recent Topics