Surgery soon

handtlkr
on 5/6/11 7:31 am - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15
I've waited years to be able to have this surgery. I just found out, as I met with the nutritionist/nurse meeting right before the surgery that mine will be a "realize" band. I'm fine with that, and actually feel better about having that compared to the "lapband".  I just didn't know what "realize" was, then they showed me what it is.  I've been on the lapband board for years. So I'm new to this group. I'm getting more and more excited about the idea of getting the band. But I've been seeing a lot of negative remarks on the other boards. Hopefully, this will be a much more positive experience.

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

Tom C.
on 5/7/11 1:04 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Handtlkr,

Welcome, and can't wait to see you officially on the Losers' Bench in our Winners Circle. Know we're here for you.

We're positive you'll love us.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 5/7/11 5:07 am - Duluth, MN
First of all ..I LOVE your quote!! Congrats on hgetting the ok for surgery. Keep us posted, we are here for you!

~Kim~

purple39lady
on 5/7/11 10:01 am
I am glad to hear that you are finally getting the surgery.  I, too, have heard so many negative comments about the lapband.  I have friends with the lapband, but my doc was committed to the realize band and I am glad.  Congratulations.
kimkeever
on 5/7/11 1:56 pm - AZ
Congratulations on getting your surgery soon....I havent had any problems with the realize band...Just follow the instructions your surgeon's office and the dr gives you and you should be successful....Hope it goes well for you..
Amy B.
on 5/8/11 2:27 am
 That's awesome! I'm so happy for you and we are very glad you're here!
One day at a time.  
Most Active