Surgery went awesome

Mags W.
on 4/29/11 12:23 pm
I'm now the proud host body of a 14cc lap-band AP.    Very minimal gas pain, mild/moderate incision pain.. I'm feeling pretty good!  I couldn't have any water for 34 hours (blegh).. never thought I'd miss something so common but it tastes like heaven.

I managed to get myself stuck on my back this afternoon, which scared my poor parents half to death.  I tried to lay down, and that didn't go well.  I freaked out, started crying.. it was awful.  Will not be trying to lay down for a while, that's for sure.

I can't wait to have tomato soup.  I don't even usually like tomato soup, but it's my goal food for the week. :)
Jo 1962
on 4/29/11 12:46 pm - NearHouston, TX
Welcome to the Loser's Bench, Mags!  It was hard for the first few days for me to get in and out of bed but I was able to go back to work within a week.

Just a word of caution about soups just in case you don't know..the sodium content can be REALLY high.  Progresso's Tortilla Soup has been my lunch favorite for the past six weeks but it wasn't til I read a post by Steelerfan1 (thanks again girl!) that I realized how much salt is in soups. Almost 700mg of sodoum I've been chugging down per serving..  No wonder I haven't lost any weight this past month.    From now on, if I have soup all all, it will be low or no sodium brands!  

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

steelerfan1
on 4/29/11 12:58 pm
you are welcome :o) Sodium and me dont get along at all I really have to watch my sodium.

I can eat pizza and then put on 3 pounds of water in 48 hrs *sigh*  or anything that is high in sodium.

Im still retaining water today was official weigh in day and I was still up four pounds didnt lose a pound this week even with 5 days of Zumba dang water I can tell it in my ankles and top of my feet they are so bloated .

Dang period I wi**** would hurry up and start .  That is one bad thing about losing weight its really messing up my cycle its changing every month :o(

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Jo 1962
on 4/29/11 1:54 pm - NearHouston, TX
On April 29, 2011 at 7:58 PM Pacific Time, steelerfan1 wrote:
you are welcome :o) Sodium and me dont get along at all I really have to watch my sodium.

I can eat pizza and then put on 3 pounds of water in 48 hrs *sigh*  or anything that is high in sodium.

Im still retaining water today was official weigh in day and I was still up four pounds didnt lose a pound this week even with 5 days of Zumba dang water I can tell it in my ankles and top of my feet they are so bloated .

Dang period I wi**** would hurry up and start .  That is one bad thing about losing weight its really messing up my cycle its changing every month :o(
Geez I'm having those cycle problems too.  I've been fortunate my whole adult life to never have had any bad PMS  so I am thankful but it's really weird to not have clockwork periods anymore.

BTW, I'm glad you are here..a voice of reason amongst the din LOL  (How did you get to be so wise ;))  Anyway I agree you are right - the OP shouldn't worry too much about sodium content right now while she is healing.

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

steelerfan1
on 4/29/11 2:59 pm
lol not wise in everything wish I was though.

I read alot on here by the vets, went to alot of support group meetings and asked my doc a million and one questions about everything lol

I still do when I read something on here I write it down and go ask my doctor to see what he says about things.

Some things he laughs about and others he agrees with .

Oh gosh I get extremely bad cramps Jolena . there are times they double me over :o(  I know we are not suppose to take certain types of medicine but the only thing that works for me is Midol .  I tried the complete and they kept me wired all night long I couldn't sleep.

Doc said once a month for cramps isn't going to hurt  me. 

Those days lots of hot baths, and I live on the lazy boy chair with the heating pad .  Never used the heating pad with my surgery but it comes in very handy for cramps lol.

Quit Smoking
10/8/10

veenie73
on 4/30/11 12:23 am - Louisville, KY
You know I have really bad periods already (very heavy, 7 days long, severe PMS, very high anxiety). While I was seeing my gyn, thats when i got my date for band surgery. My gyn told me I would be a perfect candidate for the NOVASURE (laser your uterus, that stops your periods and lowers all the PMS symptoms by 75%, some women 100%) You know I was about to pass out from this info. Im have mine done in the dr. office on June 2nd. That would be 3wks post-op. Already have my surgeon clearance. I CAN'T WAIT. (oh, done having babies, tubal in 2004).

Maybe you should look into it, if your periods are really bad. I already know a few ladies that  have had it and they said its one of the best things they could of done.

LYNN
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

steelerfan1
on 4/29/11 12:54 pm
congrats.  I slept in my lazy boy chair for the first 72 hrs because of the same problems. It really helps so if you can do that , then that would be alot better for you .

I was back to sleeping on my tummy about 7-9 days after surgery it wont take long. do lots of walking it helps you with the gas and it actually helps you to heal faster to .

Keep up the great work.

I never did eat tomato soup but I ate tons of cream of broccoli soup :o)  I would add cheese to it and it was delish.

I could eat as much as I wanted as long as i stayed down.

Very important here . Remember this is the healing stage dont worry about cabs, calories and I never worried about sodium .  You are eating to heal nothing more .

Once you get back to reg foods which was about 6 weeks for me then you need to really star****ching them things to get the weight going.

Also do not be surprised if you gain weight during this time. I ended up gaining like 7 pounds from weeks 3-6 .

You will be eating more carbs, more high sodium foods but that is okay during this time . It will all come back off when you start reg foods again so please dont let that upset if it happens :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10

veenie73
on 4/30/11 12:13 am - Louisville, KY

WOOHOO!!! CONGRATS!!!

My hubby had his Wed, so I know how you feel. Soo glad you are doing very well. Listen to Steerlerfan1, she is telling your the truth. Even though I haven't had my surgery yet, but its very GOOD advice...

Lynn

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

Most Active