protein go toos and HELP falling off :(

Juliek7312
on 11/5/15 5:02 pm

My huge problem when I had my surgery was the need to wash my food down. I can't stand having the taste of food in my mouth when I am finished eating. I cant brush my teeth every time I eat. My solution was keeping gum at me at all times so that I just pop a piece in when I finish my meal. Obviously I make sure I don't accidentally swallow it :)

Maybe you can ask him to keep his sweets in his room or something until you feel like you have better self-control? I know its really hard! If I am having a sweets craving I buy the no sugar added fudge popsicle that are I believe 40 calories. They taste pretty good to me. ^^ I wish you the best of luck

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15

annettemg71
on 11/6/15 5:29 am
WLS on 09/14/15

i got  the suger free popcicles but I didnt know about the fudge Ill have to look. adn i know how you feel I dont like the tase in my mouth either and i think thats why i put a pinch if chocolte in my mouth to get rid of it. I was told not to chew gum do you have any problems with it?

Juliek7312
on 11/7/15 3:48 pm

I have no problems at all, did they say why? My doctor never said anything about gum :3

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15

annettemg71
on 11/9/15 3:37 am
WLS on 09/14/15

they just said air and gas or something.. I bought some because when I would crave I would just chew flavored gym lol

Mary Gee
on 11/6/15 7:29 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I wouldn't worry about joining a gym if "you're not into it" ... it won't make a difference in your weight loss, and if you don't enjoy gyms you would probably go a few times, then stop going.

First, I would track everything you eat/drink in myfitnesspal - that will allow you to track your calories, carbs, protein and fluids.  If you having something sweet, or bits of chocolate, you may be exceeding your daily limits, explaining the slow weight loss.

Eggface's site has lots of recipes for sweet treats - muffins, ice creams, shakes, etc.  Also, as someone else mentioned, there are loads of recipes for low carb deserts on-line.

As we all know, WLS is not "the easy way" to lose weight.  It's a tool to use to help us.  We still have to do the work of pre-planning our menus, tracking, etc.  It's helpful to prepare meals/treats ahead of time and freezing them so foods are available when you want them.

Here are some web sites that you may find helpful:

lindaslowcarbrecipes

epicurious

djfoodie

atkins

Preparing low-carb sweets should help you stay within your programs guidelines - which should help you drop more weight than you have been in the past.  Otherwise, your weight loss will go very slowly........

My plan calls for:  Protein:  at least 65 grams; Calories:  800 or less; Carbs:  40 or less; Fluids: at least 64 oz.  If I stay on program, I do well -- otherwise I just maintain my loss and don't lose, or if I go too far off program, I'll gain.  That's what it boils down to.

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

annettemg71
on 11/9/15 3:36 am
WLS on 09/14/15

so I went to GNC and got a protein bar thats like 4 net carbs and high protein and its cookie dough.. pretty good too and they have protein chips by quest someone told me about and I bought 2 bottles of isopure the red one and blue one so The need for regular chocolate I dont have because I can eat a little of the protein bar and with out guilt :) :)

Anyone have any other ideas

thanks