Loose and saggy skin

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/15 12:45 pm

My biggest fear I am dealing with getting closure to my surgery date after talking to a few people that had a WLS, is that even though they are healthier without the extra weight that they find themselves more unhappy with how they feel about their bodies since the weight is off.

I have been on this form now for a few months and I do not see anyone on here talking about the negative affects that they have or the sad feelings.

I keep telling myself it should not matter about the loose saggy skin for I will be healthier in the long run. I am just afraid I will be more depressed and regret the surgery like the other women that had this done. They say when they look in the mirror they still see the fat body from before. For they say the fat might be gone but the their body is still of a fat person but with the excess skin hanging.

I would really like every ones true feelings about this subject.

Thank you.

Yes, I do know everyone ones bodies are different and some bounce back and some don't.

Bufflehead
on 11/16/15 1:15 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I have some loose skin. It doesn't bother me much. Even with the loose skin I am a lot more attractive naked than I was when I had all that skin and I was waddling around with it crammed with rolls of fat. My health is far better than it was, but it is not at the expense of my looks. With or without clothes, I look way better.

None of us are going to look like a Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue model with a sleek, golden, flawlessly taut and toned body, not ever. Not even the SI models look like SI models, that's pretty much all Photoshop. You won't ever look like that without surgery and you won't look like it with surgery. I am working on loving my body and honoring it for all it has been through.

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/15 1:19 pm

Thank you for your thoughts on this. I guess I am just getting scared. One person told me the reason she hated having it done is that since the over sagging skin she is still seeing it outside of her clothes with having to tuck in her rolls of skin in her jeans and I am so worried I will feel and look fat as I am now.

Tracy D.
on 11/16/15 1:22 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Unless you are young and haven't been obese/morbidly obese for very long, don't count on a lot of "bounce back".  We actually grow excess skin when we're obese for years (and we lay down extra bone too).  That extra skin has no where to go after you lose weight except to hang out.  It's a real issue and all I can say is that you'll jump off that bridge when you get to it.  It should never keep you from getting a surgery that will save your life or add years and years to your life.  

Here's an article I wrote about the subject on OH a couple months ago: 

Learning to Love My Body

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/15 1:35 pm

Thank you.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 11/16/15 1:55 pm

Watch it wiggle, see it jiggle. Yeah, that's me. I don't give a rat's ass either. Unlike some women, I wasn't fat after kids. I started overweight and kept on. Nobody sees me nekkid except DH.

Truly I am not making fun of you. Start a plastics fund now. If you change your mind, take a great vacation.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Tink3125
on 11/16/15 1:56 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

Like my husband said "one step at a time" we will deal with that when we get to it.  I had the same concerns as you.

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/15 2:31 pm

Thank you!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/16/15 2:57 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Sure I have saggy extra skin, bfd, life goes on. Right now its a badge of honor at this point & I'd rather have that than to have it filled with fat. Sure it might get me down sometimes, but spanks & tights are my friends right now. Starting next year I was gonna start a plastics fund since I figure sometime next year I'll be at goal & fully into maintenance mode.

The head stuff is a ***** to work thru, therapy could help with that. I think that we as women will always find fault with our body no matter what weight we are. We just gotta find ways to appreciate what we got & work it! Good Luck, keep strong, & keep it movin! 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/15 5:12 pm

Thank u for your encouragement. I do believe seeing my therapist is going to make this a lot easier.

Most Active
Recent Topics