GREEK YOGURT

Barbara W.
on 3/26/12 5:21 am - Upland, CA
VSG on 05/23/12

I have always hated yogurt.  My sister got me to eating fat free yoplait with
fruit in at the bottom.  Now I am trying to like greek yogurt, but find it really
nasty tasting.  I did eat Chobai Greek Yogurt with pineapple at the bottom
today and choked to get it down.  I am hoping to learn to like it.  After
surgery can you eat it right away or is it on the pureed list?  And, can you have
the greek yogurt with the fruit at the bottom?  There is no way I can eat it
plain - too nasty.  I did try it with honey and didn't care for that either.  Any
suggestions?

acbbrown
on 3/26/12 5:26 am - Granada Hills, CA
I could have greek yogurt while on the full liquids.

I cannot eat plain greek yogurt ( i did for about 2 days after surgery bc i was scared to put anything in my body but got over it pretty quick).  I LOVE the Fage ones with the fruit (chobani not so much) but the sugar/carb content is way to high for me, so I get the 0% plain and add SF preserves and artificial sweetner and it pretty  much takes care of the taste. I actually started making frozen greek yogurt popsicles - great snack.

Some people add Torani SF syrups too but I havent tried that yet.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Ms. Poker Face
on 3/26/12 9:26 am
Yep, this.  The fruited ones have way too much sugar for me, so I use the sf preserves (1 Tbsp) plus a packet of splenda.  Tastes really yummy!

Allison - how do you make the frozen greek yogurt popsicles?... sounds divine!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

sleevegirl
on 3/26/12 5:27 am - Austin, TX
The fruit ones have too many carbs for me, but I use in place of sour cream all the time. I also mix in some dry ranch mix and use it as a dip and put it on chicken, etc.

As far as a mix in, I tried the Torani syrups, but I found it didn't sweeten it enough.

I use Walden Farms caramel dip, zero everything and it's pretty good in the yogurt. I've also mixed in a splenda packet.

I will say that you're tastes may change and you'll just do what you have to do, especially in the beginning. It's kind of rest my taste buds and cravings a bit.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

bigtigger1010
on 3/26/12 5:55 am - Laurel, MD
VSG on 04/05/12
if memory serves, alot of ppl that use the torani in it also put splenda in it... i bought some but haven't tried it yet... i'm hoping i can learn to love it!

GOOD LUCK!

HW:344  SW:329  CW:207.8  Losses: pre-op - 15/ post-op - 121.2        
M1 -  25      M2 -  18    M3 -  14.2    M4  - 11.8     M5   - 14      M6  -  9.6
M7 -  6.6     M8 -  7.0   M9 -  5.6      M10 - 7.8      M11 - 1.6+      M12- ??    

emelar
on 3/26/12 6:23 am - TX
You need to play with various sweeteners until you get it to your taste.  In a cup of Fage 2% (plain), I add 2 packets of Stevia plus a few tablespoons of SF strawberry preserves.  Or I use the Walden Farms 0 calorie syrups, that are basically flavored liquid splenda.  Sometimes I put fruit in as well - blueberries or the rare banana.  The banana in particular works really well to mellow out the tart flavor.
Ashley S.
on 3/26/12 6:29 am
VSG on 05/04/10 with
jacreasy
on 3/26/12 6:56 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 Try a 1/2 pack of splenda in it, that helps for me but Im Not sleeved til 4-23

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

maxcat
on 3/26/12 12:14 pm - Philly Burbs, PA
 I use Fage its not as bitter as some of the other ones. I also add SF Jello Pudding mix in vanilla or cheesecake, low in sugar and low in carbs and tastes GREAT. Otherwise I wouldn't eat it.
doggz109
on 3/26/12 8:54 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I eat plain Fage and yeah I agree......its not that tasty by itself.  I choked it down plain at first because I needed the protein.

I can now have it with SF Torani syrup.....or my new favorite I measure out my half cup and mash 2-3 raspberries or blackberries into it.  SUPER YUM.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views