Rate of Weight Loss

MisJasso
on 7/1/11 11:24 am - Linden, MI
 I am 9 weeks out since surgery.  The first month I was down 40lbs (including 2 week pre-surgery diet).  The last 4 weeks I am only losing 2 - 2.5lbs a week.  Is this the norm?
Mis Jasso
"Well behaved women rarely make history."

Herbie55
on 7/1/11 11:28 am - MI
That's about the same as I am doing on average.
MisJasso
on 7/1/11 11:32 am - Linden, MI
It just feels slow.  It seems I hardly eat...so just searching for a little encouragement. 
Mis Jasso

BriarRose
on 7/1/11 11:40 am
I have found that if I have a weight loss week/ or days where I have lost a lot (for me) then I have a week where I don't lose anything, or lose a half a pound over the entire week. And hate to say this.....but every so often.....and most often, I can't figure out my weight loss....if I have a lousy day and I've eaten off plan, and taken in say....300 more calories than usual, well....I can gain weight the next day, lose weight, or stay the same....

MY motto is as long as the trend is downward; I'm happy. It's not a race, it's a way of life. The way I am eating now, is something I could do for the rest of my life. I basically am eating small amounts of food, and enjoy what I eat. I refuse to eat anything that I don't like anymore....it just isn't worth it!!

So try as you may to figure it all out....I still can't. But basically, I stay on plan, vary what I eat as much as possible, and get on with living !!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
MisJasso
on 7/2/11 12:38 pm - Linden, MI
Thank you so much!  What a great philosophy!!!  My trend is downward.  I seem to have the days where it goes down, down, down...then the stand still for almost a week.  

This IS a way of life for me...and one I can live with...HAPPILY.

Thanks for the perspective.  
Mis Jasso

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/11 11:46 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
I have slowed to that but I'm also not exercising. Oops!

2-4lbs tho is what my NUT says is about average.
Cupcakemusician
on 7/1/11 12:05 pm - TX
 i lost a lot of weight in the first four months.... now it is slowing down a lot, but i am still losing inches and going down in pants sizes. i now go down about 1-2 pounds a week. 

diane S.
on 7/1/11 12:13 pm
yes this is very normal. I lost 27 lbs the first month, 10 the second, and then it slowed to 4 to 7 lbs per month. And I was very compliant with my program. So you are doing well and its to be expected that after the first month or so the rate of loss will slow. Don't be discouraged. Just stay with the program and it will come off. Because I was a slow loser my doctor didn't think i would get to goal but I did and even got below goal. went from bmi of 42 to one of 20.6. Lost every single excess ounce. So just keep journaling, do exactly what your doctor says and you will get there. It may not be fair that some people lose faster than others but thats just how it is, and the time will go by and you can get there with this wonderful tool.  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

MisJasso
on 7/2/11 12:40 pm - Linden, MI
 Thank you so much for the words of encouragement.  
Mis Jasso

cattywompos
on 7/1/11 12:45 pm
It is normal for you and that is what you need to keep in mind. Don't compare yourself to anyone else. But if you must...40lbs is awesome! I lost 18lbs pre-op, 11lbs post op then I hit the 3 week stall.  I lost about 3lbs a week after my dreaded 3 week stall until about 5months post op and then it stalled again and slowed, now I am averaging 1-2lbs a week.
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 144 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 417 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 437 views