8 years ago had my revision surgery

Debra F.
on 8/5/12 2:48 am - Houston, TX
Friday was my 8 year surgerviseray... well revision surgery and believe me it has not been a walk through the park...

I am happy to answer any questions regarding surgery or revision or plastic survery...

I  do not regret having a revision or my first surgery 13 years ago...

I have made a lot of friends on the way and been through my share of ups and downs...

For those just now starting the journey ASK questions ASK people that have had surgery and are further out than 5 years believe me most will tell you that it has not been a walk through the park.

but the friendships I have made through all these years are so worth it.
Debra
227/205/135 at goal
1st Surgery/Revision/Today
8/98 - 8/04 - today
Support Group Leader 
Co- Founder www.rydobesity.com
cajungirl
on 8/5/12 4:09 am
Happy Anniversary Debra!  I totally agree, surgery was well worth it but the ups and downs can be challenging.  I wish there was a way to "prepare" for maintenance and more support for the vets.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Debra F.
on 8/5/12 5:08 am - Houston, TX
Thank you Dana, I do wish the same but it is up to us vets to let the new people know there are ups and downs to any surgery...
Debra
227/205/135 at goal
8/98 - 8/04 - today
Support Group Leader 
Vivian Prouty
on 8/5/12 4:23 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Happy Revision Surgiversary Debra !!!   Hope your doing well my friend.   You are SUCH a amazing person.   Praying God's blessings for you and your health !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Debra F.
on 8/5/12 5:09 am - Houston, TX
Thank you Vivian - glad you are still here for those that are starting out
Debra
227/205/135 at goal
8/98 - 8/04 - today
Support Group Leader 
Gina 21 Years Out
on 8/5/12 11:17 am - Burleson, TX

DEBRA--Big (((HUGS)))--Happy Surgiversary, my dear friend !!!

Yes, there are MANY "ups and downs" along this journey-aren't there???-And doesn't even count the SCALE !!! You have ALWAYS been an inspiration to ME-honestly. I much prefer a REAL person, with REAL experiences, that someone's slick marketing campaign of "I've lost 3000 lbs FOREVER, yadda yadda yadda". We both know what NOT taking vitamins, etc, etc etc can having crappy repercussions, but we also both know WE are in charge of our bodies and have to take OWNERSHIP-which I have ALWAYS seen you do-and I SO respect you for that!!

Sure would like to PHYSICALLY see you soon. When might that be possible??? I need some up close and personal inspiration!!!!

Love you bunches, my forever friend !!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Debra F.
on 8/6/12 11:44 am - Houston, TX
Ahhh thank you Ms. Gina, I am so proud to call you my friend and thank you for being part of my life and being there through all these ups and downs...

I always try to be real with people so they know what they are getting into...

Who knows - maybe someone will plan a Dallas dinner soon and I might just show up.... hint hint...

Love you and I am so proud your accomplishments

Debra
227/205/135 at goal
8/98 - 8/04 - today
Support Group Leader 
Elaine-SugarLand
on 8/6/12 2:38 am - Sugar Land, TX
Hi Debra,   Happy Surgiversery, and I do understand the problems related to WLS. I was just released from the hospital for my second Bowel Obstruction Surgery with Pneumonia in both lungs. It has been a rough road, I`m 65 years old now, thing**** me alot harder then before. You know I wish you the best in all aspects of your life, my dear friend. Be Happy.

Love, Elaine
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 50 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 125 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 435 views