WLS Success-through Powerful Positive Attitudes

Groups » WLS Success-through ... » Discussion » Attitude of Gratitu...

Attitude of Gratitude!

Traci Baker
on 3/23/10 5:02 pm
Hi all-

It's 2:45am and thought I would start the day off by saying "Good Morning" and I hope you have a FABULOUS day! 

Wanted to share a Daily Inspiration by Katie Jay that I read this week that can hit home some times!

Contribute: Being obese made your life smaller.  You were less able to do even simple activities.  You may have spent more time worrying about your woes, rather than figuring out what you could contribute to your community.  Following WLS, your energy increases as well as your ability to focus on positive efforts.

Now, you're able to contribute time, energy and attention outside yourself.  Maybe you want to be a foster parent.  Or volunteer to help with a cause you've always wished you had the energy and stamina to support.  You might just want to bring a meal to a sick friend or help your spouse with the yard work. 

Whatever you do, approach it with gratitude for your new ability to help others!

Attitude of gratitude~

What is something you always wanted to do for someone else?

Have a great day~
Trac~

I am a Bariatric patient/professional, an Obesity Help Support Group Leader and Certified Life Coach.  I consider myself to be one of the biggest advocates for obesity in my community. My goal is to educate the public on obesity as a disease and give back to the bariatric community through my personal experiences and life coaching.

**Obesity Help Magazine Promotional offer.. Sign up for a 1-year subscription and receive a reduced rate of $15.95.  Use code Baker11 at check out to receive your discount** Enjoy!!

[email protected] - Email 
http://baribits.blogspot.com - Blog dedicated to weight loss patients!  
JEllen
on 3/24/10 11:16 am - Capital Region, NY
Point well taken...

Which is exactly why I wanted to have the surgery in the first place. The things I enjoy doing were really beginning to impacted in a negative way. I knew if I didn't get myself under control I would soon have to lessen the extent of sharing in so many things that give me the greatest joy.

I also wanted to be in the position of greater priveleges perhaps being able to share in relief work in other countries when diasters strike. If I'm not healthy enough to share here... there certainly would be no point in me considering trying to go elsewhere. Besides...
I WAS NOT getting a passport with me being MO.

I'm looking forward to a new driver's license photo this year! and of course, getting that passport photo taken FINALLY!

I am very grateful for this second chance to really live my life!

Yvonne McCarthy
on 3/25/10 9:08 am - Plano, TX
So glad to see you here my darling!!  I'm all about an attitude of gratitude!!  Thank you so much for shaing this and thanks for dropping by.
hugs, Y

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

Kathryn T.
on 3/27/10 12:46 am - Irving, TX
I absolutely agree, I make a gratitude list everyday and add to it the success that I had that day, as well.  It reminds me that I am on the road to a healthier me.  Six weeks ago, I broke my foot and had to have surgery; and spend 6 weeks on crutches.  Trust me, I wasn't grateful when I left the hospital, but God has showed me the little things like - my weight loss made it easier to get around,, the crutches built up my arms, I am able to do the things in physical therapy that they ask me to do, and gave me patience and compassion for others.  If this had been prior to surgery, I can't imagine what this journey would have been like.  Today, no crutches, I am walking, and get to get back on the bike; in addition to my physical therapy.   Yippee Skippee!

Thank you for reminding me to continue to be of serve to others and to be an encouragement for our fellow members.
whatachief
on 3/28/10 2:20 am, edited 3/28/10 2:23 am
Interesting Words for a Sunday morning!    
It made me think about all the wasted  TIME, energy, money, emotions that I spend on:

Worring about what to wear to an event well before accepting an invitation,
Worring about what to wear to work for business meetings- and if I can close the blazer!
Worring about holidays, vacations, special events 
Worring about sweating off my makeup
Worring if there are flights of stairs I have to make with others listening and watching me huff and puff
Worring about if I look fatter in certain clothes - certain colors -
Worring that I have my period _so my bra and pants are not going to fit
Worring about making sure my laundry does mistakenly get into the family laundry basket or it will be shrunk in the dryer!
Trying on 500 outfits before settling on one - on any given day!
Having 5 sizes of clothes in my closet - but none that I can wear
Shopping for hours and a ton of stores just to find one pair of black pants that will fit me right,
Shopping online for big girl clothes
The many hours I spend returning, returning and returning all the items that do not fit!
Worring about my daughters getting heavier and turning out like me...:(
And recently the worring and thinking about gastric bypass - should I do it? and how can I not?!

So....Can you imagine the time and energy I would have for myself, my family, my job and for others if my weight did not have to be the focus of everything I did?  !!!   
Truly something to think about.....

Traci Baker
on 4/6/10 7:15 am
WOW what a great list... I think you've hit the nail on the head with a lot of that list.. :)
Trac~

I am a Bariatric patient/professional, an Obesity Help Support Group Leader and Certified Life Coach.  I consider myself to be one of the biggest advocates for obesity in my community. My goal is to educate the public on obesity as a disease and give back to the bariatric community through my personal experiences and life coaching.

**Obesity Help Magazine Promotional offer.. Sign up for a 1-year subscription and receive a reduced rate of $15.95.  Use code Baker11 at check out to receive your discount** Enjoy!!

[email protected] - Email 
http://baribits.blogspot.com - Blog dedicated to weight loss patients!