Cancún Vacation w/ Pics

Mara C.
on 8/9/10 1:14 am - Millbury, MA
Good for you, it looks like a blast!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Liaazul
on 8/9/10 2:48 am - MD
It was a blast Mara, babeeeeee. Just not long enough.
Height 5'5" -- HW 273/SW 269/CW159/1st Goal 169(Achieved!)/2nd Goal 150 (Normal BMI)  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us on the Lightweights Board!

STLfan
on 8/9/10 1:22 am
Awesome hat Baybeeeee! BTW ...just sayin' you have nothing you need hide ...you be one hot chicky-chick! Note to your hubby....you are one lucky dude! Ok turning off the guy brain stuff.....hope you had a wonderful time! Looks like from the pictures anyway the weather co-operated. I have never been there but Sandy my wife has and although had a nice stay, she thought the surrounding areas to be a bit depressing in their poverty. She is a bit sensitive to those things so I don't know. Because of her MS we don't do hot beaches anymore as heat makes her Ill. So tell us more .....how was the water, food, music...anything? You do know we live vicariously through other people? ....lol....
Jeff                    
Liaazul
on 8/9/10 3:02 am - MD
Thanks Jeff, babeeeeeeee. You know how to say the right things to women! Your wifey is lucky to have ya, too!

The weather didn't cooperate as much. The first 2 1/2 days we were there, rained, and kind of bummed us out.

The water was spetacular. Remember, coming from Brazil, I know beaches, babee. This was certainly one of the most amazing, clean and beautiful water I've ever seen.

Regarding the contrasts of wealth vs. poverty your wifey witnessed, it is pretty much a reality in most foreign countries in developement. The U.S., Japan and several European nations are probably the exception to the rule, when you think about how even wealth is distributed. Having such a large middle class as we have here is an indicator of prosperity hard to emulate abroad.

Nevertheless, our current picture is becoming scary. Hopefully we'll tackle this recession and remain an even nation.

The food in Cancún had probably more carbs than I should have ingested. I did go to one amazing Argentinean steakehouse, Puerto Madero, where I had a great rib-eye and grilled octo***** Another cool thing in Mexico is the awesome flavors of Crystal Light they have there: piña colada, pinapple & mint, mango & cranberry, passion fruit, etc.

One of the coolest things we did there was diving with an underwater scooter that they call "personal submarine". I haven't uploaded the pictures of that yet.
Height 5'5" -- HW 273/SW 269/CW159/1st Goal 169(Achieved!)/2nd Goal 150 (Normal BMI)  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

chris_ruff
on 8/9/10 2:04 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
OMG gurl you are hotttt! Looks like you 2 had a great time!

Can you imagine a time when you weren't embarassed to post swimsuit pics?!....so awesome.

I went to Cancun a few years ago on my fake "honeymoon" with my sister. (Long story short, I broke off an engagment and went on the already booked honeymoon trip with my sister instead.) I felt the same as you, gorgeous but super touristy.
--Christina
Liaazul
on 8/9/10 3:07 am - MD
Chris, babeeeeeeeeee, you are so "Sex in the City". Going on your fake honeymoon was so brave! You are just one strong and awesome woman. Whoever you didn't marry was just a poor excuse for a man.

I know Mexico is a popular destination for honeymooners, Will and I especifically wanted to do something different for that. We went to Morrocco and that was the most amazing trip of our lives. Keep that in mind baby, when your real prince arrives... Morrocco...

chris_ruff
on 8/9/10 4:49 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
oooh morocco, i smell the spices and see the casbah already...must've been a great trip!

yes, and like sex in the city, i was sort of miserable for the majority of the trip...lol. but i'm glad we went, the water was so crystal blue and gorgeous, i'll never forget that.
--Christina
Shannon D.
on 8/9/10 3:33 am
I can't even begin tell you how great you look!!! Definitely HOT! Hope you guys had an amazing time.

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Melissa1965
on 8/9/10 3:44 am
OMG Lia! LOOK at that first picture!  I LOVE IT! It could be an ad in a glamour magazine. You look wonderful. I went to Cancun with my husband when I was 5 months pregnant! I remember wanting real authentic mexican food but there was none! Not until we took a 3 hour trip to Chichen Itza and ate at a little roadside cafe in the yucatan!

Love the pictures. The pink hat is PERFECT on YOU!
HW 268/SW 255/CW 150/GW 160
Liaazul
on 8/9/10 3:59 am - MD
rrsrsrsrsrsr Melissa, babeeeeeeeeee. That first pic was exactly me mocking a model pose, babeeeeee. It's like Ellen Degeneres say... you got to look slightly angry and serious.

We stopped at a roadside buffet like you said and had some of the Yucatán cuisine. My DH loved the lime chicken soup, which I'm sure I can replicate for him.

I noticed the tortillas there taste more like pitas than the corn chicken tortillas we get here. I like theirs better. Sometimes the soft tacos from places here taste like raw dough .

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 313 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 436 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 499 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 521 views