Sad News

Bren & George
on 6/27/08 1:09 am, edited 6/27/08 8:38 am - Sunland, CA
WLS- Friends I have some very upsetting news... This morning when i got up i received an email from Colleen Clp60 I thought, well as i read it i realized it was not from her and it was her daughter  Jenn informing me that her mother passed away last evening   I spoke with Colleen 2 days ago and she sounded great, she was concerned because they had her in the ER from 3:00pm till 11:00pm and didn't know why.  She was going to find out and get back to me so i could fill you all in. I have put in a call to her daughter to offer our condolences and to see if i can find out for others exactly what went wrong for Colleen. I'll reply as soon as i hear more from her daughter Jenn but i believe she is probably in San Diego arranging to have her mom brought back to Canada. Below is the email from Jenn: Hi All, I know that my mom was talking to you and letting you know how she was doing with her weight loss and what was going on with preparing for the surgery.  Well she had the surgery, but things got worse and she passed away tonight.  If she loved herself for who she was and saw what others saw in her, I dont think that this would have happened.  I know that I probably sound stupid, but I am a daughter who loved her mom, and wishes she were here,  PLEASE.  Learn to love yourselves.,,,, others love you I PROMISE, and if you are that worried about your health...use the money that you would spend on a surgery on a trainer and healthier food.  You can do it,,,I know you can. I dont want any of those that love you to go what I am going through now.  PAIN> something that could have been prevented.  Dont let it happen to you.  Love yourself for who you are!!! Thanks for hearing me out Jenn....the daughter who misses her mom!
If anyone needs to talk about this more I have started a thread at the following link, come join us please. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/a,messageboard/action,replies/board_id,5490/cat_id,5090/topic_id,3653003/

Brenda's ticker    
                                                  Georges's ticker
Proud Angel to Tantrica-CPL60,obrienbus18-JackieW- Magenta40

cartwheel8
on 6/27/08 1:15 am, edited 6/27/08 1:23 am

OMG!  That's SO sad!  I'm feeling shaken.  I can't even imagine.  Thank you for telling us.

ETA:  I went back to her profile and read her old posts.  Her poor daughter must just be devastated. 

Cindy 

MajorMom
on 6/27/08 1:22 am - VA
Thanks Bren, and thanks for the phone call. Something must have been wrong from the get go for her to have been surgery that long. I'm so sad for her and her daughter. I know her daughter didn't support her decision about having surgery, but Colleen made the call for herself...just can't believe it. Gina
MajorMom
on 6/27/08 1:40 am - VA
Ok, I cross posted this message to the RNY board. Gina
RosieHawk
on 6/27/08 3:32 am - Ottawa, Canada
Gina thank you for copying Brenda's thread to the RNY forum (my mother CGWL told me about this).  What unexpected and horrible news!  Please pass along to Jenn and her family that all of us at OH with be thinking of Colleen and her family.

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

MajorMom
on 6/27/08 3:39 am - VA
Thanks Kim...still in shock and so sad. Gina
Bren & George
on 6/27/08 4:04 am - Sunland, CA
Gina, can you cause your more talented than i with this stuff add the link to her support page for people to send her daughter condolences on this thread? Thanks Brenda

Brenda's ticker    
                                                  Georges's ticker
Proud Angel to Tantrica-CPL60,obrienbus18-JackieW- Magenta40

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/08 1:47 am
such horrible...horrible news...I'm so sorry!!!! Puggy prayers going out for her family!! Dawn
magenta40
on 6/27/08 1:56 am - PA

I feel so bad for her family and her daughter.  From personal experieince, the hardest thing I have every had to go through was the loss of my Mother.  I remember my Mother telling me that you are always someone's baby until your Mother passes away.  Abby

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 363 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 489 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 544 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 560 views