Recent Posts

Han Shot First
on 12/14/14 10:21 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14
Topic: RE: I am new

Also, I'm not sure if you've been to the other boards, but you'll get a lot more responses if you post in the general forum, and the forum for whichever procedure you're having (or thinking of having).  I'm on the RNY board, and it usually is pretty active throughout the day.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Han Shot First
on 12/14/14 10:20 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14
Topic: RE: I am new

Hi Sarah,

It depends on the doctor.  Some will have you on liquids for up to a month ahead of time, others will have you do basically nothing.  For me, I started 10 days before surgery.  I had 3 protein shakes a day, plus a frozen diet meal for dinner.  The last two days were nothing but clear liquids.

--

Han Shot First
on 12/14/14 10:18 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14
Topic: RE: good news!!!

Good for you!  You're on your way, but realize this could take a while.  Here is my own timeline:

April 11, 2014 - Family doctor referred me to surgeon.  She also recorded this as a weight loss consultation.

May 2014 - Met with Surgeon.  He told me that my insurance requires 6 months of supervised weight loss visits before approving surgery.  This is really common with insurance companies.  This counted as my second weight loss visit.

June 2014 - Met with nutritionist - Weight loss visit #3

July 2014 - Nutritionist visit - Weight loss visit #4.  They scheduled me for my psych eval.

August 2014 - Nutritionist visit - Weight loss visit #5.  A couple weeks later, I had my psych eval. 

September 2014 - Nutritionist Visit - Weight loss visit #6.  Paperwork submitted to insurance company for approval.  It came less than two weeks later.  When I got the call, my surgery was in 3 weeks.  I then had three more classes with the surgery group within those 3 weeks, along with an endoscopy a week and a half before surgery. 

October 6, 2014 - Surgery day!  It was just barely under 6 months for me. 

--

Sarah D.
on 12/14/14 9:26 am
Topic: RE: anybody on this forum???

I am here and I am new

Remember you can do this from start to finsh!!

With out God you cant do anything

Sarah D.
on 12/12/14 8:14 am
Topic: good news!!!

I went to the dr and he referred me to the sergent today. so what is the next step in the prosess?

Sarah D.
on 12/12/14 3:06 am
Topic: I am new

I am new and want to introduce my self.

I am 342LBs and going to my first consult on the 29th

what is the pre-op diet like? need some ideas so I know what I am looking at before I start the pre-op diet 

Remember you can do this from start to finsh!!

With out God you cant do anything

mellabella115
on 8/17/14 7:57 pm - North York, Canada
Topic: anybody on this forum???

Hello out there... where is everyone? 

mellabella115
on 8/16/14 7:23 pm - North York, Canada
Topic: RE: Am I the only one?!?!?!

Hi there i just came across your post i know it was a while ago but was curious how things are going?  I'm 30 in Toronto and am hoping to have surgery before the end of the year

Krys H.
on 6/27/14 6:42 pm - hemet, CA
Topic: RE: Trouble Getting My Family Dr. On board....

I would try a couple different things. Change doctors. Contact a surgeon. When I chose my PCP I asked them specifically if they did referrals for WLS before I even decided to pick them as my Dr. Even my Dr wanted me to wait longer but I told his nurse to please submit my referral for a consult with surgeon, she kept saying it would get denied, it didn't and I am looking forward to surgery by end of august. Sometimes you need to be proactive

Frankie82
on 6/21/14 11:16 am
RNY on 08/07/14
Topic: RE: Trouble Getting My Family Dr. On board....

I'm not sure how OHIP differs from BC medical, but here the final go-ahead is issued by the surgeon, not the GP. Have you tried asking for a referral so you can meet with the surgeon and ask some questions? Perhaps trying a "backdoor" approach might work better.

Most Active
Recent Topics