Plateau Buster WLS Diet

Peggy B.
on 6/18/10 11:50 am - Westlake, LA

Hey, everyone! I had gastric bypass surgery in 2005 I lost almost all the weight I wanted, but stalled at 165.  I was satisfied, though, and happy.  Recently I started a new job and find myself sitting at a desk all day long.  When I get home, I am exausted and do not have the energy to exercise.  I have gained ten pounds in five months, and scared that I will continue to gain.

In the past, someone had given me a plateau buster diet that was awesome.  If you have it, I would really appreciate a copy!

Peggy B.

/ 245.5 / 160 / Goal 150
www.peggyborel.com

special kay
on 6/18/10 12:59 pm - Ladson, SC

You can google "plateau buster after gastric bypass" and a lot of responces come up. This is the one i always do...

#1 Do for 10 days to break plateau

#2 Drink 2 quarts of water a day

#3 You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamin & mineral supplements each day.

#4 You may consume up to 3 oz. of the following high-protein foods, 5 times a day:

a.. beef,
b.. pork,
c.. chicken,
d.. turkey,
e.. lamb,
f.. fish,
g.. eggs,
h.. low-fat cheese,
i.. cottage cheese,
j.. plain yogurt (or artificially sweetened),
k.. peanut butter,
l.. beans/legumes.

#5 You may also have:

a.. sugar-free popsicles (avoid juice popsicles),
b.. tea or coffee,
c.. sugar-free sodas,
d.. sugar-free Jello,
e.. broths & bouillons,
f.. Crystal Lite drinks.

#6 IF IT IS NOT ON THE LIST YOU MAY NOT HAVE IT!

#7 Keep a food diary and try to get 30 minutes of exercise daily

Good luck

~*Kay*~

450/388/173/175   
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/Special-Kay/ <~~ Look!! 

Miss Candace
on 6/18/10 2:15 pm - San Jose, CA
you rock Kay :)

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.     

ege8905
on 6/20/10 12:33 am - NJ
I recently followed this plan, but doubled the number of days for each phase and it worked nicely for me. It takes a lot of motivation, though, so I say one needs to be sure one is really ready to follow through before starting, otherwise it might feel discouraging.
I'm a Lap-band success story! 5.5 years post-op!
246 Pre-op weight        152 Lowest post-op/pre-pregnancy weight
216 Highest weight while pregnant     175 Current weight          158 Goal

Blog: www.foodieformerlyfat.com

ege8905
on 6/20/10 12:34 am - NJ
Oops, forgot to post the link.

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/index.html

I'm a Lap-band success story! 5.5 years post-op!
246 Pre-op weight        152 Lowest post-op/pre-pregnancy weight
216 Highest weight while pregnant     175 Current weight          158 Goal

Blog: www.foodieformerlyfat.com

Peggy B.
on 6/21/10 10:06 pm - Westlake, LA
Thanks, everyone! I am excited to start this so I can get back down to where I should be.  Have an awesome week, everyone!

Peggy B.

/ 245.5 / 160 / Goal 150
www.peggyborel.com

msdawnie
on 6/23/10 10:15 pm - Stafford, VA
RNY on 02/16/05 with
i am 5 years out and i had a regain of 33# from 2007-2010.  when i hit the 200# mark again, i knew i was in trouble.  it really opened my eyes.  i did not want to admit it, but i had gained 33#!! wow, so, what i did was just get back to the basics!  i increased my water intake to 100oz/day, i increased my protein intake and started protein shakes again, protein first!, then veggies and then good carbs.  i cut out sugar.  no more grazing.  no more slider foods (ie, crackers, popcorn, pretzels).  i started walking, at first it was just 20 minutes a day (10 min twice a day), then i worked up to an hour/day.  i had slacked off of my vitamins, so started taking them religously again. 

needless to say...since March 29th (the eyeopener day), ive lost 17# of the 33# gain.  i feel great! 

March 29th-  201#
Today        -   185#    and still striving to lose 10 more pounds!

so, the hardest part is realizing it.  the second hardest is admitting it.  and now, just get BACK TO THE BASICS!

good luck!
-hugs-
dawn

High-291/Low-168/Goal-175/Current-184

Most Active
Recent Topics