Seattle Area Plastics Recommendations?

mychoice2008
on 10/1/09 10:06 am - Seattle, WA

Good Evening,

I am 11 months out and have about 20 more pounds to go. I have not found a local support group to attend so wanted to throw a question out about Plastics. Although I need an LBL, I am sure I will only get insurance approval for a panni removal only. I have heard my wl surgeon does these but would prefer to get solid recommendations for Doctors specializing in Plastics, in particular GB patients.

If you have recommendations and can share your experience, I would really appreciate it. I would imagine I will be ready in late Spring and would love to be prepared by having consults. Any input is appreciated! 

Nancy

21 pounds lost on 10 day pre-op diet
S.A.R.A.
on 10/1/09 11:50 am - Tacoma, WA
I would love to know who you end up using and how it goes. I am only 7 months out and will need a tummy tuck and a breat lift with maybe a small augmentation. I will want to start looking at my options early/mid next year and would love any suggestions on who to use. Dr. S will do the tummy but I have heard that if I use a normal P.S. I can get a reduced cost if I have both procedures done at once... mosty because my insurance will pay for the OR portion.

Best Wishes!!

~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

vitalady
on 10/2/09 4:16 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
In your case, Dr. S will do a really nice job on your tummy, if you so desire.

For other body parts and others who do not choose to use Dr. Oh or Dr. S for their tummies, I recommend:

Sepehr Egrari MD FACS
Plastic Surgery Center
2950 Northup Way
Suite 100
Bellevue, Washington 98004
Tel (425) 827-7878
Fax (425) 827-5188
www.egrari.com

Dr. Dry
13114 120th Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98034
www.gavindry.com
[email protected]
425-821-6000

Both specialize in smoothing out those of us who've lost massive weight. I've seen the work of both and would choose either for myself, if the skies opened and money rained down on me. LOL

Dr. Fox and Oh did my TT, way back in 1995, so that would never need to be redone. But I've aged 15 yrs since my WLS and well, I could use some touch up work elsewhere. LOL

Some PS do not take insurance. They are not obligated to do so. If, for example, you wanted $40k worth of work, but insurance would only pay $6k of it, the surgeon is not obligated to accept that if they are not contracted with that ins. company. Dr. E does not do insurance at all. I THINK. Good to check, of course.

But if you do the "mommy tuck", often the cash pay price for new tummy and boobs is better for the combo.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

mychoice2008
on 10/16/09 11:35 am - Seattle, WA
Thank you. How about Dr. Oh for Panni removal, any input?
vitalady
on 10/16/09 11:40 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
AB
SO
LUTELY

He and Dr Fox pioneered this method in 1993, and Dr. Strikanth learned it from them and may have enhanced it, as well.

I had mine in 1995 and tummy still looks like a teenager, even if nothing else does. LOL

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

VickiStevens
on 10/3/09 3:23 pm - Tacoma, WA
I can attest to the great job that Srikanth does on the tummy tuck.  He did mine - I have had two other doctors comment on what a great job he did.  Seriously, two separate doctors have told me it was one of the best, if not the best, tummy tucks they had ever seen.

But, he doesn't do anything else.  Any other work does have to be done by a plastic surgeon.  Oh, the plastic surgeons are generally cheaper than Srikanth even if you are only getting the TT.  That is because they often do the surgery in their own surgical room and send you home the same day.  With Srikanth you are in the hospital for a few days.  I can tell you that I was very glad I was in the hospital. 
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Cheryl N.
on 10/1/09 2:55 pm - Des Moines, WA
I have heard of this reputable plastic surgeon named Dr. Dry?  I think.  HE's in Bellevue.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/8/09 3:44 pm
I have a consult scheduled w/ Dr Dry, but it's still months away. If I go to him, I'll post pics.
Katharine
on 10/13/09 3:18 pm - Snoqualmie, WA
Dr.  Dry is amazing.  He specializes in post massive weight loss surgery and his work is above reproach.  He did my lower body lift last December and I am thrilled with the results.  Next stop, arms and boobs.  :D
mychoice2008
on 10/16/09 11:37 am - Seattle, WA
Katharine, Was any of the LBL covered by insurance. I am sure my panni removal would be covered but what if I wanted to pay the diff. ?
Most Active