Does the Patient Fail the Procedure or Does the Procedure Fail the Patient

Spencerella
on 3/26/16 4:11 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Oh my that's terrible.  I'm very sorry to hear that. 

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

boudiceatx
on 3/29/16 3:43 pm, edited 3/29/16 8:46 am

I agree with you.  One thing my surgeon stressed is that it is possible to eat around the sleeve.  He said he has had patients convinced that their sleeve had stretched and once he did the EGD he found the sleeve was just as tight as it always was.  They still had the same restriction. The problem was not the sleeve.  Their problem was the ice cream and sweet tea they were consuming.  My surgeon reminds me often that the sleeve is only a tool, and it's up to the patient to decide how to use it.  I keep that in mind.  I don't want to screw it up.

Suzannadanna
on 3/26/16 6:29 am
VSG on 03/08/16

Very interesting....  I was enjoying the discussion until he got to the "Indian Giver" part. So disappointing that this sort of schoolyard racist terminology continues to permeate even professional articles. 

zann50
on 3/26/16 12:07 pm

This would be an article worthy of reading for all those folks seeking info on which surgery to choose and are still pre-op.

I personally found it quite informative regarding insulin.

skylark2011
on 3/28/16 7:14 am

Everyone is going to fall somewhere on the spectrum - and the only way to get the real help you need is to be honest with yourself. We cant worry about how some people who are in denial and really not taking care of their tool may use/abuse this article - they have to be accountable for and to themselves.  BUT, for those researching and trying to figure things out - and others who may be really taking care of their tools - it may be an answer.  

HW: 351 SW: 344.5   5'10"  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 398 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views