Pre-Op and I'd like to know what your Post-Op diet is like

ShawnaMC
on 7/10/14 7:59 am

I am pre-op still, but they gave me my post-op diet yesterday. You can view it in detail here, and there are even links for further detailed info. This is from Kaiser, obviously.

Instagram

secretsleeves
on 7/10/14 11:02 am

I just pulled out my post op diet to give you an idea, and looking it over I realize just how different they all are.

Mine is very specific.

Weeks 1 and 2 - liquid diet only

Weeks 3 - 6 - pureed food only and they list the food you can puree. Basically lean protein, some vegetables (but NOT potatoes, corn or peas) and a small amount of canned fruit. But all of this has to be pureed. They are very firm that it is liquid and then puree until 6 weeks. No drinking 30 minutes before or 45 minutes. No citrus, no caffeine, no carbonation, no chewing gum.

Three meals only per day and then my snack is 16 ounces of sugar free liquid.

It is surprising to me how different the post op diets are.

My pre-op diet is only 1 week and consists of

1 protein replacement drink for breakfast and lunch and then 3 ounces of protein and 3 ounces of vegetables for dinner.

But it does show on here different pre-op diets for different BMIs.

I am one of those people who always worry that I will be the one person with the problem if I don't follow the diet exactly, so I will follow it. It shows 48 grams of protein for the first two weeks and then 50-58 grams of protein the following 4 weeks.    

They also want no less than 80 fluid ounces the first 2 weeks and no less than 64 fluid ounces the last 4 weeks.

Then week 6 and beyond shows chopped and soft food.

VSG on 8/6/2014

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views