Good stuff at Trader Joes

LolaB
on 1/31/13 5:05 am - NY
VSG on 01/23/13

I'm going to Traders Joes for the first time tomorrow. I was sleeved on 1/23 and will be starting the soft/puree stage soon. Can anyone suggest some products that you enjoy from here? It can be for the soft/puree stage or after (I'll just save what I can't have till later). I'm already planning to look for coconut oil and PB2.

Thanks all 

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." Siddhartha Gautama

AppyGrl
on 1/31/13 5:14 am
VSG on 01/23/13

I am a fan of their cheese. Find some good part skim or FF Ricotta. 

KittyKarin
on 1/31/13 5:15 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13
Oh I love love love TJs. The closest one to me is about an hour away tho.

Two things I love from there are the roasted chicken patties, I think they are called. They have lots of protein and low carb. Also, their chicken sausage is really yummy. Some flavors have more carbs than others so look at the nutrition facts but I had some in the freezer and I can only eat about half a link at a time right now so carbs are really minimal. Have fun!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

dmhe
on 1/31/13 7:03 am - TX
I love their hummus and they have a really good Greek yogurt Mediterranean. Dip.

Pollyanna16
on 1/31/13 7:05 am
VSG on 12/28/12

FYI You can buy coconut oil at walmart

hshelley386
on 1/31/13 8:40 am - IN

There's one close to hospital where I"m having surgery. Plan to make my first trip there after 1st visit w/surgeon. So, coconut oil is a good choice? What are you using it for?

happyteacher
on 1/31/13 9:34 am

Here are some of my favorites:

uncured hotdogs- check the nutrition label, as there is a variance in calories depending on the type.  Chicken is low cal and protein is good

baked tofu, just slice up and sautee (I do with veggies) 

cheese selection is great, look for cabot 75% reduced fat chedder or light string cheese or a million other great choices

meatballs

fish in the freezer section 

sauces- they have a variety like soyaki, thai sauces, just stuff you can throw on protein to add a lot of flavor and is quick

Give yourself plenty of time to browse, as they have a great selection of interesting items at nice prices

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Emilyr0011
on 1/31/13 10:42 am
Just today I picked up the chicken meatballs with sun-dried tomato, provolone and basil.....I can't stand chicken sausage but these things? Good heavens alive, they are so fab!!

H - 5'4" SW 260 / CW 133 / GW 150 GOAL in 9 mo 11 days!

stillalb
on 1/31/13 10:59 am

Here is a brief list of the things I pick up at my weekly trader joe trip (the little ones are still doing milk and they have the best price on organic milk) for hubby and self - both sleeved about 2 months ago.

They have the baby bel light cheese, and they have a light cheddar cheese stick that is not bad calorie wise ****assionally only of course on cheese).

They have the lowest carb jerky I have been able to find without ordering online (turkey jerky and beef and buffalo are good - the salmon jerky is foul - and I love salmon).

Frozen Ahi Tuna steaks and frozen salmon burger patties

Hubby likes their Kung Pao chicken (too spicy for me) but is a nice occassional treat for him that is still pretty high protein low carb.

I get their bags of Kale and make Kale chips in the oven (way cheaper and healthier than pre made kale chips)

Their 35 g premier rtd protein shakes are by far the best bang for my buck (and reasonably tasty) that we have found.

Eggs - I get the ones with the extra omega in them.

0% fat trader joe brand greek yogurt (fabulous with unsweetened cocoa and stevia)

Last but not least they also have an awesome high potency chewable multi vitamin that is perfect for us.

Just a side note - they also have a ton of really yummy carb heavy not sleeve friendly sweets etc. Be careful, be strong, and don't go hungry. : )

LilySlim Weight loss tickers