Cheese Crisps ... what do you add for more flavor?

Shagdoll
on 10/29/12 8:17 am, edited 10/29/12 8:20 am

Skip the girly pink stuff if you want to get into the heart of this thread... the PINK is just me thinking out loud today...

Ok my peeps ... I have been having a very tough week to say the least.  Well, last week and it's rolled on ova to this week.  My eating the past week or so hasn't been awesome even though I've had good intentions by planning my days ahead of time.  Planning ain't gonna work unless I PLAN to stick to it, right??? no

I brought carbs back into my diet & what for ... I honestly was not even missing those little devils much so it's time to get back to the nitty gritty (I'll see how long it lasts...) BUT I gotta remember, we are a couple days shy of November when all the Holiday potlucks start rollin' around ... maybe I need to take an extended vacay from work ova the next 2 months...

Hey I can just stay away from work & take care of Alison!!!  WIN - WIN!!!

I was wondering if any of you creative VSGers wanna share your cheese crisp recipes.  Make anything other than the boring (yet yummy) parmesan cheese crisps?  Add garlic or anything hot & spicy to them?  What kind of cheese works best for ya?  Anyone use lowfat cheese?  If so, what kind?  

I am a major cheese freak, more than I'd like to admit.  I actually have to limit my cheese intake because of the fat content but if this chick wants to be happy most of the time, I need to eat something that tickles my sleeve; it's low carb so I want to work these yummalicious treats in my diet once in a while.   Please share!!! 

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Feystorm
on 10/29/12 8:44 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12

Girl - go all out, just look in your spice cabinet!

Lemon Pepper - I use McCormick's Lemon Pepper grillmates.

Garlic

Italian Seasonings

Mix of cheeses - cheddar with parm, mozz with parm, etc. 

Pepper 

Red Pepper flakes - for those spicy kinda days

Chili powder - just be careful - a little can be a lot with the seasonings with these cheese crisps!

You can do it!  :)

Love ya!

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Shagdoll
on 10/29/12 9:19 am

Dammit gurl, how can i try these now?  Alison told me to step away from the cheese crisps ... just when I thought I loved everything about her ... actually, she knows I strive on "tough love". 

Jenn  

WWBD?  

ParisGirl
on 10/29/12 8:47 am
VSG on 04/25/13

Just sending a hug your way...

Shagdoll
on 10/29/12 9:17 am
On October 29, 2012 at 3:47 PM Pacific Time, ParisGirl wrote:

Just sending a hug your way...

Awww, thank you gurl!!! kiss

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Terry H.
on 10/29/12 8:50 am
#1 fav is habanero cheddar.

#2 is to use asiago or shredded cheddar spread with pb2.

#3 is mild cheese and dip the crisp in hummus.

#4 is to put turkey pepperoni on a 4 cheese Italian cheese - instant crispy pizza taste.

Try those Jenn

HW 420 SW 369  Pre-Op -51 lbs; M1-19;M2-15;M3-14;M4 -14;M5-13; M6- 14;M7-14;M8-10;M9-11;M10-11;M11-9;M12-7;M13-7;M14-5; M15-7; M16-8. M17-3. M18-6; M19-5. Goal of 200 (220 Lost) Reached Month 15. Goal of 180 (240 lost) reached at 18 months 10 days on 4/.20/13.  57% body weight lost@180.  Now on maintenance. Low weight 169.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Beyond Goal 

Shagdoll
on 10/29/12 9:16 am

Holy Moly, now that is creativity!!!  I will have to try these when Alison is not paying attention.

Thanks Terry!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

edelu
on 10/29/12 10:51 am - los angeles, CA

I never made them because i knew they had the potential to be deadly, like stop at 3 right, whose ass am i blowing smoke up, but the other day i was jones'n for some potato chips and just could not shake it so i decided i was gonna go to whole foods and find some half healthy ones (did i also mention I'm a lazy ***** and all that talk of parchment paper, ugh) anyhow they had container of home made cheese crisps, they make on site, $3.00 just cheese they add nothing, a total steal and I've surprised myself. I've had them for about 7 days i have one per day i add it in my counts and it totally takes care of the salt, crunch thing.  Now if i could just find something sweet that was comparable to get me through the tough times.  A never ending quest for satisfaction without injury.  On we go.

Shagdoll
on 10/30/12 5:18 am, edited 10/30/12 5:18 am

My favorite little low carb shop sells the pre-made cheese crisps for $6.00.  I vowed to stop buying them since I tend to want to eat the entire container in 1 seating ... Alison is right ... who am I kidding??  Total trigger for me... cheese is probably my worst addiction.  I just just hoping I could find a happy medium by eating something I totally enjoy once in a while.  Dammit ... I just need to get to my 2nd goal weight so I have an excuse to indulge in these once in a while because like you gurl, these little suckers are deadly for me too.  I would take these over a flippin candy bar anyday, no lie!!!  I swear!!!

Thank gawd I dont have a Whole Foods by my house or work because I'd be cleaning off their shelves!!!!

Something sweet??  This is true... becuz almost always I want something sweet after something salty... story of my life!  Iced Coffee saves me most of the time!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

edelu
on 10/30/12 5:50 am - los angeles, CA

O i know you are swearing off them but just in case, going back to your original question, spicier.  I was wondering if you ever thought of using them like chips and dipping them in salsa.  Okay just a suggestion because i know sometimes we have to find substitutions for our favs and that's not a bad snack....if you can stop at a few.