Staying Power - An 8 Month Update

pinkjellybean
on 9/29/12 11:26 pm, edited 9/29/12 11:31 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
8 Months post op and honestly I am quite happy with my weight loss efforts thus far. I feel thrilled with how everything has turned out for me with the VSG and all though I will always wonder if this journey would have been different if I had the RNY.... I feel completely content with what I ended up with.

My journey has not been the typical Sleeve patients story. Despite having no malaborption of vitaimns my body has decided it wants to play war with my vitamins and I currently have low Vitamin A, Low Iron, Depleted Iron Stores, and after missing my B12 shot just ONCE....my B12 took hit the bottom of the tank. There really isn't an explanation for this except that perhaps my body has always had difficulty aborbing vitamins and minerals and it's just hitting the bottom of the barrel now becuase I am eating so little - I did have low iron (although not quite as low) before surgery which may explain a little of what is going on. I have terrible reflux and my gallbladder is starting to go batty but aside from all of that I feel absolutely energized and like a comletely different person physically.

My weight today is 212 pounds......down from an all time high of 390 pounds. 368.8 was my surgery day starting weight. The next 22 pounds of weight loss carry some really profound weight loss victories that I am excited to share with you all who have supported me through all these ups and downs....YES including the time I poured my heart out with agony and upset about getting the VSG over the RNY. Thank you.

13 pounds to go until 199
16 pounds to go until I am no longer medically obese at 196
22 pounds to go untll I have lost 200 pounds from my highest weight at 190 from 390.

I eat between 600 and 700 calories a day.  I drink 3 litres of water a day and maintain my carb intake between 20-40 per day although sometimes it turns out a little lower than 20.  This works for me as I have lost almost 180 pounds. I am extremely diligent about tracking my food and water intake again because it works for me and keeps me accountable.

I love being active and outside moving.....it feels so great to actually be able to say that. I am sure my children appreciate their much more outgoing, social, active mom. I hope they do.

Here is where the staying power needs to be accessed. I am not ready to be done. My body is still actively losing but I am not naive to believe that at some point this fairy tale comes to a stand still. I have 52 pounds to get to my goal of 160 pounds and a healthy BMI. I am curious about how those of you who had a lot of weight to drop kept at it or even if you had a hell of a time getting those last few pounds off. How did you keep yourself motivated? What kept you going? I feel anxious with the approaching winter months which have always been my months of weight gain in the before times. What keeps you pushing forward despite stalls, despite bad days, despite it all?

Here are some pics.....

BEFORE

YESTERDAY 8 MONTHS POST OP - Son's First Hockey Game of the Season

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/12 11:31 pm - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
Amazing!! You look fantastic

I hope you're able to resolve some if the vitamin issues soon.
stephanieplum
on 9/29/12 11:54 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 Wow!  Impressive ...thanks for sharing!

karynh
on 9/29/12 11:57 pm - Tampico, IL
VSG on 09/26/12
Great job!
KnitsByMama
on 9/30/12 12:04 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12
 Congratulations! You look fantastic!!! 

I hope you get the vitamin thing worked out soon. That's one of my biggest concerns too because I have low B12, Iron & D already pre-op. 
TSinNC
on 9/30/12 12:13 am
VSG on 08/16/12
You look fantastic! Congrats!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

phine_20
on 9/30/12 12:17 am - GA
WOW! You look fantastic! Congratulations on your success!
blueeyedgal
on 9/30/12 12:30 am - AL
VSG on 02/03/12
 WOW!  Congratulations on a job well done!

blueeyedgal    
lucy2e
on 9/30/12 1:22 am - Laurel, MD
 Wow wow wow wow wow!  You look awesome and are doing incredibly!  Great job and keep rockin your sleeve!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

tinamarie47
on 9/30/12 1:29 am - Hot Springs, SD
 Keep rockin' that sleeve!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.   Phil: 4:13    View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com