Tuna Cauliflower Casserole recipe

Ms Shell
on 9/18/12 8:00 am, edited 10/25/12 2:01 am - Hawthorne, CA
Soo you know I can't just give you the recipe without the story.  This lady on my FB group was looking for idea to make Tuna Noodle Casserole but swap out the noodles.  My suggestion was cauliflower, since I use cauliflower in my Chicken Curry and just in all kinds of stuff...soo that got me thinking....and yeah I had most of the ingredients.  Anyway I found a recipe on All recipes that used this Cooking Creme stuff instead of Mushroom soup and that was PERFECT for me because I'm trying to stay away from chemical additives, but after researching the "creme" I went with good old fashioned cream cheese and cheese and this is what I came up with.

I made a BIG casserole

3 - 5oz cans of Tuna packed in water drained
1/2 head of Cauliflower (300g)
4oz of Monterey Jack Cheese
6 Tbsp of Cream Cheese (I used the one in the tub because it was 40 calories per tablespoon)
3oz chopped fresh mushrooms
Grated onion to taste
1/4 to 1/2 cup of water

Chop cauliflower and steam.  Place into bowl and use masher to break down leaving some bigger chunks if you like.  Add in remaining ingredients and spread into a 8x8 casserole dish and bake in 350 degree oven until it brown and all the cheese and stuff melts together.

BASED on MY ingredients the WHOLE pan was 1047 calories, 94 protein, 26 carbs, 61 fat and 9 fiber.

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/12 8:08 am
I am so loving this.  Thank you for posting it, I will print it out and make some.  Sounds really, really good.  I love cauliflower.  If you were to guess, I am not going to keep you to it, how many cups do you think this would make?
Ms Shell
on 9/18/12 9:57 am - Hawthorne, CA
I can TOTALLY tell you lol no guess work involved.  It made 4 - 6oz servings so that's what 3 cups =)

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/12 10:04 am
Thank you!  As always, you are beyond awesome.
Missy30
on 9/18/12 8:12 am
VSG on 06/27/12
Yum!  Thanks for sharing this it will make a good side dish for the family and 2oz's of it a good meal for me win win. :)

Wildcat-NYC
on 9/18/12 8:18 am
VSG on 08/16/12
This is really good!  I made a smaller batch with just 1 can of Tuna and it made 5 servings for a newbie.

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
joeswife
on 9/18/12 8:23 am - CA
Thank you so much for sharing, I printed this recipe and plan on trying it out today!
Shagdoll
on 9/18/12 8:24 am
Sounds delish, thanks for sharing Ms. Shell!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Ms Shell
on 9/18/12 9:59 am - Hawthorne, CA
You guys are MORE then welcome.  I haven't had a "tuna casserole" since well **** before I was sleeved (going on 5 years) and I never thought of this lol!!!

I plan on switching out the tuna with chicken.  Switching out the Monterey Jack for Sharp Cheddar, so it'll be more like "mac & cheese" with chicken toss in =)

Ms Shell

ButterflyAnna
on 9/18/12 10:00 am
VSG on 07/02/12
That sounds delicious! I'm printing it out and will definitely give it a try. Thanks so much for posting the recipe!

Anna