rANTING AND RAVING aTTENTION cARB pOpO!

bagelface
on 9/15/12 2:59 am
VSG on 08/22/12
 I read a post on here that said beans were too high in carbs so the poster ate deli meat.  In what world is processed deli meat more nutritious than beans?  That is just crazy talk.  A healthy diet is a balance that includes nutritious carbs.  I wonder if there is a correlation between this ultra low carb eating and the need for laxatives that is often discussed here.  I follow Garth Davis on Facebook and his posts on nutrition are really informative about the health benefits of a more plant based diet.  And don't get me started on the bougie size boogie men..... 
Crabadams72
on 9/15/12 5:02 am - Silver Spring, MD
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/12 5:24 am
Don't feel bad, I got blocked by the royal VSG goddess and never even had a conversation with her. She must've knew I was eating off plan that weekend. Oh well...

What I have found is that WL is a very personalized journey. What works for some, doesn't work for others. For ME, I like to stay on a plan which is generally low carb, high protein and under 800 calories. All that being said, I have taken many "breaks" along the way such as parties, birthdays, vacations, etc. I always get back on track because I didn't pay20K out of pocket NOT to be a success.

All that being said, some people can't do that. I get that. To each his own. I wish everyone success on this journey and most importantly, wish that we could all just respect each other for being different and do whatever it takes to change our lifestyles so we can KEEP it off.
bagelface
on 9/15/12 5:40 am
VSG on 08/22/12
 I actually wonder if that "cult like" behavior isn't being encouraged and exploited to enhance stats of a particular group of patients.  
Could_It_Be
on 9/15/12 2:53 pm
happyteacher
on 9/15/12 3:31 pm
On September 15, 2012 at 5:40 AM Pacific Time, bagelface wrote:
 I actually wonder if that "cult like" behavior isn't being encouraged and exploited to enhance stats of a particular group of patients.  
 I have wondered the same.  After a bunch of incriminating posts were deleted a while back it really opened my eyes to who exactly sponsers this board. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

bagelface
on 9/15/12 4:15 pm
VSG on 08/22/12
 Exactly! 
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/12 8:15 am
On September 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM Pacific Time, happyteacher wrote:
On September 15, 2012 at 5:40 AM Pacific Time, bagelface wrote:
 I have wondered the same.  After a bunch of incriminating posts were deleted a while back it really opened my eyes to who exactly sponsers this board. 
exactly is right.

this isn't a one size fit all procedure - BEST post in a LONG LONG while on this board.

sleevegirl
on 9/15/12 6:08 am - Austin, TX
Amen and pass the gummy bears. Eh, I will admit that I eat low carb the vast majority of the time because it keeps my snack monster away, but that's for ME and MY snack monster. If someone comes on looking for things they can cut because they aren't losing, I usually do tell them to check their carbs because for some people it matters.

For some it doesn't.

I always say that I eat 100% on MY plan, which means that I don't let a piece of cheesecake or, god forbid, popcorn derail me.

Honestly, some folks around here really are nuts with it. Frisco and Elina aren't those people because if you read their stuff you'll know they will tell you "this worked for me and a lot of other people, but some folks need other things, so try it if you want". They do push that plan because they know it works for them and their people, but I have yet to see them ram it down someone's throat.

But I've seen a few folks get REALLY far out of line lately beating up on people that make a poor choice or just eat differently than they are "supposed" to. It's sad, really. I think we all have our own journey and what works for me might not work for you.

Gummy bears, popcorn and cheesecake be damned.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

happyteacher
on 9/15/12 3:37 pm
On September 15, 2012 at 6:08 AM Pacific Time, sleevegirl wrote:
Amen and pass the gummy bears. Eh, I will admit that I eat low carb the vast majority of the time because it keeps my snack monster away, but that's for ME and MY snack monster. If someone comes on looking for things they can cut because they aren't losing, I usually do tell them to check their carbs because for some people it matters.

For some it doesn't.

I always say that I eat 100% on MY plan, which means that I don't let a piece of cheesecake or, god forbid, popcorn derail me.

Honestly, some folks around here really are nuts with it. Frisco and Elina aren't those people because if you read their stuff you'll know they will tell you "this worked for me and a lot of other people, but some folks need other things, so try it if you want". They do push that plan because they know it works for them and their people, but I have yet to see them ram it down someone's throat.

But I've seen a few folks get REALLY far out of line lately beating up on people that make a poor choice or just eat differently than they are "supposed" to. It's sad, really. I think we all have our own journey and what works for me might not work for you.

Gummy bears, popcorn and cheesecake be damned.
 I guess I agree that they do not "ram" it down somebodies throat- but there is a lot of pressure to follow it just the same.  When I first posted about adding in carbs I got specific comments from them like "you will stop losing", "you may be o****il the 4th or 5th month then stop losing", and flat out saying I would never make it to goal.  By the end of the 4th month posts started getting snippy saying I would stop losing in month 4.  I did well, so then the posts changed saying I would stop losing in month 5.  I did well.  Then the posts were that once I was through the honeymoon period I woul stop losing.  I did well.  Then the posts were how hard the last 20 is to lose and that I would never make goal.  They weren't and I did just fine.  Then the posts are maintence is so much harder, and you will regain.  Ok.  Point taken.  Because at the end of they day I will never be as far out as they are, so it will always be something that is thrown at me to try to bring me down.  

If that crap bothers you just block them.  Personally, I take what I can learn from it and leave the rest.  I don't think they are bad people at all- I think the smoker analogy mentioned earlier is a perfect fit.  I used to be a smoker and had a brief period where I was like that.  Woke up one day and realized it, and never took that path again.  So, I get it.  I sincerely want everybody here to be succusfull, healthy, and happy.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views