Post Op Diet

calligal
on 4/29/08 2:23 am - CA

Woulld you mind sharing your post op diet? It seems like it varies with each surgery.

lisaweisenbach
on 4/29/08 2:35 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
It does vary with each diet, but it also varies with each surgeon. They all seem to be different. I was on a 2 wk liquid pre-op diet.  For one week following surgery, I was on a clear diet.  For a week after that, I progressed to a Full liquid diet (cream type soups, shakes) For the 3rd week, I moved to soft foods (puddings, mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, etc) The 4th week, I began regular food...altho I pretty much stuck to the softer foods...still do for the most part. For instance.. I still havent had a steak or something like that.  Right now, I eat alot of chicken and fish. We have to get in our protein needs first...after that, we can eat other things.  Most of us use protein supplements to help out...theres many things on the market for that.. First thing in the morning, I drink a high protein drink of some kind....wait a couple hours...then eat lunch...few hours later, I have a snack...then a few hrs later, its dinner time. Eating is a challenge sometimes, post op. You have to introduce new foods slowly bc the tummy is new and improved...some things that were eaten pre-op just dont do well post op....the only thing that Ive found that I cant tolerate is carbonated sodas.. I miss my diet cokes. So I stick to water mostly.  You also have to chew slower, eat slower, so that the food goes down easy and u know u can tolerate it.  theres several rules that most follow, i guess..but I dont.....not sure if thats a bad thing or an ok thing......it seems to work for me...so I think u basically have to find what works for u...everyone is different afterall. hope this has helped a little bit

poohannie
on 4/29/08 2:40 am - Burke, VA
I have more restriction than most so my diet advances through 8 weeks..... 1st week clear liquid, next 10 days fullliquid, next 7 days pureed, next 14 days soft foods (no nuts, seeds, skins) then introduce regular food very slowly.

10 lbs. lost pre-op/ the rest since 4/4/08!

GlitterGal
on 4/29/08 4:40 am - Edmond, OK
I'm just curious how you have more restriction than most?  Was it the bougie size your surgeon used?  That's what I want!  Tiny tummy! 
Lesley H.
on 4/29/08 2:44 am - Concord, CA
Hi caligal.  PM me your email address and I will send you my 3-stage VSG menu that was provided by my WLS surgery center & NUT.

eminouno
on 4/29/08 3:58 am - Qatar
hey lesley...i'd be grateful if u send it to me too thanx a million..      [email protected]  
sSsHhHh
on 4/29/08 8:53 am - Huntington Beach, CA
can you send it to me too!!! my email is [email protected] thanks!
Lesley H.
on 4/29/08 9:07 am - Concord, CA

Just sent:-)  If you have any questions, please let me know!!

foofla829
on 4/29/08 12:24 pm - Gorgeous Northern Ca, CA
Leslie,  Can I get a menu emailed too?  [email protected] Thanks!
Most Active
Recent Topics