What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 8/6/15 4:59 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  Half day today, woo!!  I'm super psyched to blow this pop stand in 5 hours.  *cue chairdance*  I'm taking all of your advice and shopping for color, baby!  Because I'm wearing black and khaki again, today.  I even wore a black warm-up jacket in this morning because it's chilly.  LMAO

So, due to my highly anticipated shopping excursion, and the fact that my husband and son are on a waterpark trip with the church, my menu is incomplete at best.  I do want to say this, though...I think I'm burned out on eggs.  I think I've been eating at least one egg a day for like 6 weeks and I'm sick of it.  Sick of it!  Plus, the last two mornings, after my egg inclusive breakfast, I've had some gut revolt that sent me running to the ladies.  Boo!  So, as much as I rely on them for a protein boost, I think I need to chill.  Any ideas for a relatively cheap and portable protein source?  I feel silly asking that, but like I said, I'm burned out.  LOL

Time since surgery:  a year and change

B:  coffee and Buffalo chicken salad on 34 degree crackers

S:  Click Mocha!

L:  Who cares?!  I'm going shopping!

D:  vodka sodas?  I have no idea.  LMAO

Capogirl
on 8/6/15 5:19 am

I have brought hard boiled eggs to have for a mid-morning snack the last two days and haven't eaten them, so today they will make it into my salad at lunchtime.

Shopping, oh I so need to shop for me, but school starts in less than three weeks, so any shopping won't be for me.  Although, I half a pound away from 50 lbs lost (since surgery) and I will need a little something for reaching that goal. 

Time since surgery 3+ mos.

B:  Premier Protein Shake

L:  Mixed greens, deli ham, hb egg, homemade vinaigrette

D:  Baked chicken w/panko, parmesan and green beans

Cals: 761 Carbs: 60 Protein: 65  Fat: 29

Did not have swordfish last night after all, hubby made shrimp and a spicy red sauce.  I indulged in a little whole wheat pasta.  OMG, it was so good, but I know I can't do that often.

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/15 5:34 am

It is hard to step out of our comfort zone with clothing. One thing I refuse to wear now is hoodies. I used to wear them all the time to cover my stomach and my other fat. I now try to wear clothes that are more fitted. I do like color. I like white a lot. I have a ton of white shirts. I love to wear dresses so there isn't any thought about what top and bottoms will go together. 

I keep canned tuna in the house. It is an easy way to get protein. Sometimes I mix it with sugar free pickles. I also buy lunch meat and roll it with cheese. You question is not silly we all get in a rut sometimes with food. I will eat stuff that is normal dinner food for breakfast. I really don't like to rely on protein bars. They make me feel wonky. 

Enjoy your shopping. 

B:Egg whites with turkey sausage

L:Ham and cheese with sugar free pickles

S:Yogurt with some strawberries

D:Chicken taco salad with homemade guac. 

S:Yogurt

Vitamins are going down. Water is on track. Exercise. Walking the track tonight or the elliptical

AngryViking
on 8/6/15 5:56 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yes, to the protein bar "wonkies".  I've tried a bunch of different kinds and they all make me feel like crap. 

NYMom222
on 8/6/15 7:10 am
RNY on 07/23/14

This is where the RTD Premier Protein comes in handy... like today on your shopping excursion. I've been throwing a bottle in my bag when I know I have a long afternoon out or something. Find I actually like it better and it goes down easier at room temp. Someone on here once said it tasted like a YooHoo... so now that is what I think of whenever I drink it. :)

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 8/6/15 7:16 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Ooooh, I like YooHoo!  This is the one you can get at Sam's or Costco, right?  Do they sell it anywhere else?

NYMom222
on 8/6/15 8:32 am
RNY on 07/23/14

BJ's and Walmart....Walgreens. Like anything it is an acquired taste, but it works and has great stats. I get more of the Yoo Hoo vibe when its at room temp. 160c/30g protein.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

lcraver
on 8/6/15 9:30 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

I really like the RTD Premier Protein shakes, too. This is how I am getting my protein #s up, since most of my hair has decided to jump ship! Chocolate is my fave, but the vanilla is good in a pinch. I have yet to try the Strawberry... but plan to soon... if I can find it in the stores. It is definitely cheapest at Sam's and they run specials on it now and again. Have seen it at Wal Mart but not sure of the price there. It is $7.99 at Food Lion for 4 (local grocery store in the South) but the one in my town only carries the vanilla and some of ones in Raleigh have chocolate. I did find it at Wal-Greens in chocolate but it was $8.99 there. I know the price is relative to where you are in the States... I think you are in Syracuse, right? So, that's my take on Premier Protein.

I am going to try the whole room temp thing... I know it's good cold.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

karenp8
on 8/6/15 5:49 am - Brighton, IL

After three years I finally realize I can wear colors and whatever I want now. For quite a while I still dressed like I was heavy! Lily and I got our three miles in this am. On track with vitamins and fluids and weight at 117.6. Here's the food plan: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz chicken and cheese and 1/2 c carrots D 31/2 oz shrimp 1/2 c broccoli S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great day full of smart choices!

auntmimi
on 8/6/15 5:51 am

Morning all! I understand the "burned" out part with foods. I go thru phases where the only thing that sounds good is a certain food. This amazes me cause before surgery EVERYTHING sounded good. I have never been a picky eater or been choosy. Now I will focus on one food for weeks at a time, ie eggs, hummus and cucumber, plain greek yogurt, p3, salads. Right now I am in a protein drink phase. Its the only thing that doesnt turn my stomach. 
My BS has been going all "wonky" this week, so I am trying to keep it as low carb/ low sugar as I can. Tonight I work at my "other" job as a waitress so I am sure I will get my 10K steps in easily! 

B: Premier Protein/Coffee with creamer

S: Jack Links Hot and Sweet 1oz

L: P3

S:Atkins Cafe Caramel Semi-Frozen

D:Chicken Breast 2 oz/mix caul.-broc

S: SF Jello

Totals: 786  Protein 101 Carbs 25 Sugars 6

Most Active
Recent Topics