What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 10/9/14 10:22 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning Menu posters! The weekend is almost upon, yippee! Though I'm feeling a little sorry for myself today - my mom is in town for a long weekend and I had to miss all the fun yesterday for work and again today   But I'll get to be with them this evening and then all day tomorrow - my mom and sister are going to come to Aqua Zumba with me!

In the category of TMI, I'd like to share another piece of the saga of my constipation LOL. After a few good days, last night I was painfully constipated, like I couldn't go to sleep and when I finally did I woke up not long later. I was sent to the internet for some home remedy ideas - there were many. 1 teaspoon of baking soda mixed with 1/4 cup of warm water seemed harmless, so I gave it a try and it did the trick. Just something to file away if you ever need it....

Time since surgery: 6.75 months

B: L&F Greek Yogurt with sliced almonds and Fiber One Original

S: Coffee, Fiber Gourmet thinables and a Laughing Cow Light wedge

L: Zucchini lasagna cup and a fruit cup

S: deli ham and a Babybel light

D: crockpot lemon chicken and french beans

S: Kay's Natural protein cookie bites and a Cool Whip FroYo

TOTALS: Calories 982, Protein 89, Carbs 100 (the absolute limit), Fat 37

V/W: started

E: not sure if I'll do any formal exercise, I'm still incredibly sore from getting back to BodyPump

Any fun weekend plans, friends?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Berryhoosier
on 10/9/14 10:43 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Day 2 of my dietician supervised diet. I'll be a RNYer some day!

B: banana, deli turkey, reduced fat Swiss cheese

L: chobani, pineapple tidbits, bean and cheese burrito, baby carrots

S: 1 oz peanuts, stick rf cheese, grapes

D: black bean burger wit cheese on sandwich flat, veggie soup, orange

calories: 1409 protein: 88

w/v started

AnnyBananny
on 10/10/14 12:17 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Congrats on starting the road to positive habits early. If you can commit now it will make things post-op so much easier! 

dlang057
on 10/9/14 11:12 pm
RNY on 03/25/14

Good morning and happy Friday! My menu today is kind of up in the air for lunch. There is a deli in the building so I’ll pick something up there for lunch.

A NSV for me as of late, I am sleeping so comfortably these days and in a new position which I believe is attributing to my comfort. I used to sleep on my stomach and would wake up several times a night, change positions often and had back pain. I switched to sleeping on my side and for the past 5 nights I have woke up in the same position, did not wake up in the middle of the night and have had not back pain. This is a big deal for me and I’m very, very happy!

Enjoy your day everyone!

B – 6 oz Chike! & 2 sausage links

L – unknown at this time

S – 6 oz Chike!

D – small Wendy’s chili

W/V – Have started and expect them to be on track today.

Totals – 463+ calories, 40g+ protein, 30g+ carbs, 19g+ fat

AnnyBananny
on 10/10/14 12:18 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

OMG, I'm sleeping SOOO much better also. Feels awesome, right?

karenp8
on 10/9/14 11:26 pm - Brighton, IL

Anny that 's neat that your mom and sister are going to Body Pump with you! Wish hubby would walk with Lily and I but I think it would involve hitting him over the head and dragging him unconscious behind me. Not sure I'm up to that! Lily and I will be walking here in a few minutes,hopefully without getting very wet and this afternoon I will do level 3 of 30 day shred. On track with fluids and vitamins so far. Here's the eats: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz turkey with cheese and 1/2 c Greek yogurt S whole grain crackers with peanut butter D chili with cheese S Greek yogurt with nuts. Hope everybody has a great day and weekend too! Keep your goal in sight!

AnnyBananny
on 10/10/14 12:19 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

It would add to your exercise for sure - incorporate more strength training 

AngryViking
on 10/9/14 11:38 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Happy Friday!  This week has been long long long so I am pretty happy it's almost over.  This weekend is Apple Fest, which is always a good time.  Where I live there are a ton of apple orchards and every October there's a big festival to celebrate all things apple: LaFayette Apple Fest.  It's pretty awesome; crafts and food and rides and an apple pie contest and fritters and cider and donuts....mmmm, donuts.  LOL  I'm not going to go overboard but I'm def going to have a fritter.  And I'm stopping by the apple sampling station.  You would be shocked at the number of different varieties of apples they have to try.  There's also a 5K/15K Apple Run which I'm not ready to do but think I'll add to my plans for next year.  So fun!

B:  coffee and L&F Greek in Caramel Macchiato with Kay's Naturals Protein+ cookies

L:  MF Mediterranean Chickpea burger with feta and hummus

D:  Pumpkin pancakes (by request) and turkey bacon

S:  string cheese

V/W:  In progress

E:  Walking the track at the Y

Totals:  Cals:  782  Protein:  54  Carbs:  68  Fat:  36

AnnyBananny
on 10/10/14 12:21 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Yummm....I loooove apples also. I definitely think a planned indulgence every one in a while like an apple fritter at an annual event that you look forward to is appropriate and part of a healthy relationship with food. Enjoy - you'll surely get lots of steps in, so that will be good.

karenp8
on 10/10/14 1:29 am - Brighton, IL

You could do the 5k for sure next year. I am doing one for scholarships for seniors at our local high school Saturday. Probably in the rain. I don't run them due to artificial knees but walk really fast. I guess with an umbrella!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 222 views
Extended release medications
Maddymoe2 · 4 replies · 65 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 200 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 269 views