Hair

-Babydoll-
on 10/7/13 4:03 am - Racine, WI
RNY on 08/08/13
I'm about 2months out and starting to loose my hair bad too. Atarted taking biotin, hopeful it helps because I have really really thin, long hair. I so have a wig if I need it. HOPEFULLY NOT!! Lol

Ruby R.
on 10/7/13 5:58 am

I am eight years out.  My hair comes and goes.  I lose some and then comes back and then i do it all over again.  i take biotin.  My dermatologist told me to use Rogain (sp)  I use genetic kind.  I do it sometimes, but it makes my hair messy.  My main advise is to be sure you get enough protein.  I think that is the main reason for hair loss.  Might be wrong, but lots of protein seems to help with hair loss.  

Ruby  

RNY 3/2005    

JodiGirl98
on 10/9/13 6:03 am

I am almost 7 moths post op and noticed at about month 4-5 that I had a spike in hair loss.  I had lots of hair and to someone's point above - that was one of the "dreaded" things that may happen - I may have been fat but my hair was just fine thankyouverymuch.  There was some initial loss (most likely from the surgery/anesthesia) and there was some increased hair in the drains and stuff.  But hit about 4-5 months and bam, really started to see the loss...not chunks, hasn't ever been chunks, but the drain was full, brush full.  I had gone on vacation and wasn't as deliberate with my protein and I think that really didn't help either.  Got back on track with the protein, started taking biotin and although still seeing a loss (which is inevitable I've been told with big/fast weight loss), but I do think making sure protein high and taking the biotin has been helping.

I'm by no means balding, but - definite thinner hair at this point.

And I'm NOT happy about that, but would do this all over again still.  Keep watching your protein, doesn't hurt to take the extra vitamins as long as your doctor is good with it - and good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 310 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views