Addicted to Ice Coffee...ME???

MommyosaRose
on 7/20/11 4:37 am
Pre-op and up until this summer, I was never a coffee drinker because I simply didn't like the taste of coffee and only once in a Blue Moon would I have a Dunkin Donuts ice coffee with extra cream and extra sugar (to improve the taste), but this summer I seem to be addicted to the darn thing! I make my own because I certainly cannot afford to buy Dunkin Donuts all the time and dang flabit they are sooo good I can't stop drinking them!!! I don't make protein coffee, so I'm drinking it just regular with FF half & half, a shot of French Vanilla and Splenda to taste. I feel like am doing something wrong by not adding some protein to it. How bad is that? Anyone else on this coffee kick that didn't like it before???

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

GastricKitty
on 7/20/11 4:39 am - VA
Try making iced coffee with Click protein. It's absolutely delicious and addicting - and good for you! 
MommyosaRose
on 7/20/11 4:44 am
I ordered some yesterday but wanted to know people's opinion about it without the protein. The last time I tried Click I didn't like it because the coffee taste is very strong...now I can't wait to try it again!    

Frances S.
on 7/20/11 4:48 am - Crystal Falls, MI
Vanilla click has a milder coffee flavor.  I normally have vanilla click hot in the morning with starbucks sugar free cinnamon dolce syrup, whip & a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.  In the afternoons on a hot day I will have the mocha clic****d with sugar free hazelnut syrup.

I don't care for "protein coffee" made with regular protein powder, but I love click.

cajungirl
on 7/20/11 6:01 am
Vanilla is milder than the mocha Click.  I didn't like it either initially and also found it made me nauseated.  I started using just 1/2 a scoop in my iced coffee and it was fine.  I can now do a whole scoop BUT I do drink a LARGE glass of iced coffee.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

GastricKitty
on 7/20/11 6:51 am - VA
I use the vanilla latte Click and only 1 scoop. I mix it with skim mil**** a drop or two of organic vanilla extract (the real stuff), a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon, and unflavored protein. I still have trouble getting all my protein in, so that's why I add extra protein to it. It's fine without the protein added. Try getting some of the sugar free Da Vinci or Torani syrups and find your own blend. I haven't gotten the syrups yet, but they are on my wishlist of things to get. 
laura_vermont
on 7/20/11 4:47 am
Oh definitely!  I always had a cup a day before work -- now, I must have 4-5 cups a day.  Almost exactly your description too.... SF vanilla creamer & splenda. 
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

poet_kelly
on 7/20/11 4:50 am - OH
As long as you are getting enough protein in the day, I see no need to add it to your coffee.  It would make your coffee more expensive 'cause protein powder isn't cheap and it would add calories.  Now, if you have trouble getting in enough protein, that's a different matter.

If you're drinking a lot, are you using decaf coffee?  A  little caffeine now and then is not a big (I think, anyway) but if you're drinking it a whole lot, I'd use decaf.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MommyosaRose
on 7/20/11 4:57 am
I usually drink two 20oz cups of iced (regular not decaf) coffee each day...one in the morning and one between supper and bed time.  I do meet my protein goal everyday but still feel guilty...like I should add protein to it. Maybe this feeling is coming from the newbie side of me!   

poet_kelly
on 7/20/11 5:07 am - OH
I think the feeling probably comes from hearing everyone say "protein first" and because you've learned more about nutrition than you used to know so you know how important protein is.  And it's good to focus on that.  But you don't need protein coffee any more than you'd need a protein shake (or another protein shake, if you're using shakes at other times) if you're getting all your protein in.  So just enjoy your coffee.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 360 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics