"Hormone Dump" question

TheButterflye
on 8/29/10 11:17 pm - Prince Georges County, MD

Good Morning... (I guess)

When you experienced your hormone dump...

Did something happen that triggered it (Kids acting up? Husband cheated? Family member passed) ?

Did you "dump" more than once?

Did you take any time off?

Did you do anything that helped it?

MarilynT
on 8/29/10 11:18 pm

I'm not sure I know what you are asking....but if you are talking about the release of hormones such as estrogen from stored fat as we lose weight, the answer is "no", it's not really triggered by anything external. It is a physiological fact that as we lose weight, estrogen which is stored in fat is released into the blood stream. Just as weight loss is gradual and continual, so too will the hormone release.

It does make us "emotional" at times, so those things you asked about triggering it WILL trigger the emotional responses; the presence of the hormones just make those things MORE LIKELY to trigger the emotions as compared to PRE-WEIGHT LOSS.

Marilyn (now in NM)
RNY 10/2/01
262(HW)/150-155(GW)/159(CW)
(updated March 2012)

TheButterflye
on 8/29/10 11:23 pm - Prince Georges County, MD
Yes, this is what I am talking about and I am going through one RIGHT now.  I want to cry my eyes out over something I'd normally be just upset about.  LOL!!!! 

SunShine2010
on 8/29/10 11:32 pm - Ranson, WV
TheButterflye, trust me i know exactly how you feel.. The hubby says i cry about everything now.. and he is right i do, i will be so glad when i am done loosing.. i was never the crying type but since the surgery oh my goodness.. so i know how you feel..

TheButterflye
on 8/29/10 11:55 pm - Prince Georges County, MD
  Tissue??  I am hoping mine is just PMS... So far, I haven't cried in FRONT of anyone, but I am just a well of water today.  UUF!  Definitely not normally a crier.

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/10 11:47 pm
THANK GOD! i have never seemed to have any symptoms of hormone dump. I have just been happy happy happy since surgery! hope it stays that way! i also am still taking my anti depressants though which might be helping that some.
cybil
TheButterflye
on 8/29/10 11:52 pm - Prince Georges County, MD
I thought I would be the same way... I MAY have PMS making the whole 'dump' of it all WORSE!  This SUCKS majorly!

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/10 11:56 pm
I am sorry u r feeling like poop :(  have you ever thought about taking an anti-depressant, or are you?? or maybe more B-12?
cybil
TheButterflye
on 8/30/10 12:07 am - Prince Georges County, MD
  B-12!  guess how much I had this weekend!  NONE!  Lemme get THAT in and see if it helps.  This just started, and isn't THAT bad, so no anti-depressants are in my thoughts.  BUT I do need to take some B-12.  Great input!

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/10 12:10 am
well I used to be a VERY moody teenager (go figure lol) and the doctor always told my mom to give me b-12, that's what made me think of it lol.  hope you feel better!
cybil
Most Active
Recent Topics