home from the hospital

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/09 5:03 am
I am back - surgery was not so bad.  Today, however, the pain has come.  It hurts.  But it is still tolerable.  I had the hiccups, that was so not fun.  I cannot lay down comfortably.  Anybody got any good postitioning suggestions?  my stomach is rumbling down lower, but no movement yet.  On the bright side, no vomitting or nasea yet, either.  So, overall, doing well.  Lookign forward to losing some weight!
ejjy
on 11/25/09 5:05 am - Watertown, MA
can't help with the positioning, but glad you are home, welcome back to the board!  i didn't have any nausea either, hooray for that!

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

Christina135
on 11/25/09 5:07 am
YAY!

Welcome to the losers bench!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

that1gurl
on 11/25/09 5:17 am
i heard sleeping in a reclyner or on the couch helps. i am still pre op but my surgery is monday.

andreakay
on 11/25/09 5:45 am
Me, too!  My surgery apparently took quite a while because I had some unanticipated anomalies in my innards...but the bypass part came out fine,and the rest is nothing to worry about. 

I am finding the pain part is manageable with Lortab, but the bloat itself is very uncomfortable.  I'm burping once in a while, but the lower digestive tract doesn't seem involved yet. 

I'm having no problem at all getting the clear liquids down.  Once in a while, I think I might be full, but honestly I don't think I feel any restriction at all yet.  The nurses  and my doctor assured me it would come once I move on to "heavier" food and to take it slow...really I'm trying to.

I didn't sleep much in the hospital, and I'm worried about finding a good position to sleep in tonight.

Anyway, here's to healing fast and finally seeing some pounds drop off!
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/09 5:55 am - OXNARD, CA
I had to sleep on the recliner for about 5 days before I felt comfortable enough to sleep on my bed. I had to sleep with about 10 pillows surrounding me like a little nest. Finally after they removed the drain on day 10, I was able to sleep on my stomach again!
LARA1226
on 11/25/09 5:56 am - Lake Charles, LA
I found that the recliner was best for me....then in no time it was back to sleeping "normally"!

Good luck and a speedy recovery!  

LAURA     
335preop/115cw
Gastric Bypass 8-14-07
CKatGo
on 11/25/09 6:41 am - VA
I am back home from the hospital today too. The surgery went very well. The stay in the hospital was good but I am so glad that I am back home and to my own bed. I had really  bad nausea in the hospital but the doc took care of that really quick. There is nothing like being home.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7
benhur
on 11/25/09 7:03 am - Cantonment, FL
Congratulations to all of you!  I am a stomach sleeper, and it was probably a week before I could sleep anywhere near my tummy after surgery. I used those extra-long body pillows to cradle my belly on either side of me, that seemed to help. Getting up out of bed (up on the elbow and swing the legs around) was the tough part. And standing from a seated position. I went from the hospital to my mom's house; she would stand in front of where I was sitting, and step on my feet, and swing me up onto my feet. what a trouper!
Toobcherished
on 11/25/09 2:04 pm - Henrico, VA
Hey girl, they were just asking about you on the VA board!  Glad to hear you are doing ok and I let the Va board know you have posted and that your home safe and sound.  Get good rest!!!

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 500 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 419 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 231 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 121 views