Shari, Nik, Help! Fage Greek Yogurt

stephalie_2000
on 4/13/09 6:39 am - Snellville, GA
So I finally made it to Trader Joe's this weekend and picked up some Fage 0% Greek Yogurt.  Can you guys ( or anyone familiar with it) tell me what you do to flavor it?  How do you like to eat it?

Thanks!
steph1.jpg picture by stephlowe

HW 320/ Pre-op 309 / CW 196 / GW 150

I use it anywhere I'd normally use sour cream, and I also put SF syrup in it to flavor it to eat all by itself, too.

I know others will have much more creative uses for it, though.

-----------------------------------------

Our Lady of the Holy Rollers

That's not a tiara. I just bedazzle my horns.

seashell6417
on 4/13/09 7:34 am - Gaylord, MN
I also use it in place of sour cream.  If I am going to eat it as a meal I like to use the sugar free syrups or add stevia and orange extract...yum!
Tami

JenStock1970
on 4/13/09 7:45 am - Bay Shore Of, NJ
I'm not Nik or Shari, but I posted lots of recipes for Fage last week and other folks chimed in, here's a link to the thread: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/3907609/Got-Fage-Not-sure-what-to-do-with-it-Recipe-Ideas/#31436951
HW 495/Consult 426/SW 363/Current 182
"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."-- Clint Eastwood

"Don't compromise yourself.  You are all you've got."-- Janis Joplin

Nancy O.
on 4/13/09 8:10 am - Old Lyme, CT
 I use it in my protein smoothies to up the protein.

Nancy

71 lb lost pre-op   Abdominoplasty & Panniculectomy Dec 4th, 2009
wendybear1
on 4/13/09 8:13 am - Brooklyn, NY
My favorite thing to do with it lately is to put in a bit of sugar free strawberry preserves, a tablespoon or so of ground flax seeds, a dash of vanilla, and a bit of splenda... Mix it all up and I swear it tastes like cheesecake! YUM!

Tara K.
on 4/13/09 8:17 am - Kuna, ID
I like to put sugar free torani cherry syrup in greek yogurt then add some fiber one twigs.
RNY April 7, 2008 - from size 24/26 to size 6/8Photobucket
waitinggame
on 4/13/09 8:38 am - Bowie, MD
I think the thread you were linked to may have covered the powdered PB2 peanut butter glop, but if not, use a tablespoon or so of PB2 with some splenda and a shot of whipped cream to the greek yogurt and it tastes like peanut butter pie filling.

I also remember early out putting crystal light in it. I used cherry pomegranate and it tasted like cherry pie filling and others used lemon and got a lemon meringue sort of flavor.

Enjoy!

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/13/09 8:41 am - Baltimore, MD
Ditto to what everyone else said.  It's hard to think of other uses because I use it in so much stuff.  I use it instead of mayo in tuna and chicken salad.  I use it in various recipes for moisture or bite or just to bump up the protein levels.  I put PB2 (powdered peanut butter) in it for a yummy little snack.  The possibilities are truly endless.  Both Shari and I use it a lot in our recipes so keep an eye out for those to see how we use it. 

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

stephalie_2000
on 4/13/09 9:02 am - Snellville, GA
Thanks so much guys!  I will definitely be experimenting with it.  You guys are AWESOME!
steph1.jpg picture by stephlowe

HW 320/ Pre-op 309 / CW 196 / GW 150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 460 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?