bubbles1’s Posts

bubbles1
on 10/18/10 11:51 am
Topic: RE: Band to RNY surgery Pain
How bad is the pain after surgery? Scale of 1-10...10 being the worse. I am so worried about pain...

bubbles1
on 10/3/10 12:39 pm
Topic: RE: Lapband to RNY

I was going to convert to the sleeve...after battles with insurance I was told no DS without a BMI of 50 or higher and the sleeve is still considered experimental...I need to do something so
RNY is my choice...the band has started to erode.

bubbles1
on 10/2/10 5:44 am
Topic: RE: Lapband to RNY
I know this has probably been covered before but ...I have been hearing about people being very disappointed when revising lap band to RNY....slow or no weight loss...This really scares me. I have to have the lap band out no matter what but now I am worrying about revising to the RNY if it is not going to work....Please do not repond with check out  the DS I am not interested in it...no judgement...it is just not an option for me. Anyone with this procedure I would love hearing from. Thanks!

bubbles1
on 8/1/10 5:23 am
Topic: RE: What would you do?
How did you do with the band? Did you lose weight comparsble to the RNY?

bubbles1
on 7/31/10 5:19 am
My BMI is 41....I think I am going to try the fills

bubbles1
on 7/26/10 2:11 pm
Post Date: 7/26/10 8:38 pm
OK...did the upper GI...everything good...did the endoscopy...Everything good...no erosion slippage or anything...I do have a small ulcer. My band is still good after 8 years. I have 4 cc in a 14cc band right now...Do I go for the RNY revision or do I get some fills and see if I can get this band working. I did not get a whole lot of fills as I was self pay 8 years ago and only got 2 fills included and the rest were cash pay...which I ended  up not having any extra, so I only got 2 fills. Now I have insurance that will cover things...what to do????

bubbles1
on 6/16/10 2:17 pm
Topic: RE: Lap Banders?
I had the band done in 2003 and it did not work for me....I paid cash and depleted all of my savings so that was a major motivator to me to make it work...I am now seeing about a revision to an RNY...I know there is no magic bullet and with all the surgeries you have to work at it...but with the lap band i felt i was on another diet.....then the pain came and then the throwing up came...I can only eat if I drink alittle at the same time...I have to or nothing goes down...and that does not always work either...I do have some co workers who got the band and it worked great for them...but they have only had it a year...i have a couple of coworkers who also had RNY and did great but have since gained some of there weight back...Do your research and make sure you are comfortable with your decision...no matter what it will be a lifestyle change. I truly beleive the band failed me though.

bubbles1
on 5/31/10 6:00 am
Topic: RE: So worried...but I need to do this!
Did you have any complications? Did you have a lot of scar tissue? Did they take out the band and do the RNY at the same time? Did the Dr say you would have success with the RNY? Sorry for all the questions but so much going thru my mind..I know everyone is different...Thank you so much and wish you the best success ever!

bubbles1
on 5/31/10 5:41 am
Topic: RE: So worried...but I need to do this!
OK...I have had the lap band since 2003 and I am now having complications so seeking a revision. I have to revise to an RNY because that is all my insurance will cover. I am having the revision with the same Dr..(Dr Juarez, AZ) that did my lapband. I am just getting really scared and worried because  I am reading posts that say a revision from a lap to an RNY can be complicated and there is a higher risk of complications with revisions...I wish I would have never gotten the Lap band!!!!!!!!...any experiances would be appreciated..

bubbles1
on 5/20/10 12:49 pm
Topic: RE: Lap band to RNY or DS...requirements
I have an appointment with Dr. Juarez in AZ on June 1st to discuss a revision. He did my lapband in 2003...I lost 40 lbs originally and gained it all back and I am right back where I started. I am also having pain in the port and stomach area and reflux...that is what prompted me to look into the revision...I want the band out either way. What I really want to know is do you think I will have to go thru all stuff again for approval. My insurance BCBS of AZ says I only need to have one  thing on a of a list of problems to get approved for the surgery it does not state any other requiements...your thoughts?
bubbles1
on 5/15/10 7:58 am
Topic: RE: Dr Juarez...St Lukes, Arizona
Has anyone gotten a revision done from Dr Juarez in AZ at St Lukes. I am getting ready to schedule an appointment for a lap band to rny revision and would really like some input.
Most Active