Revision Surgery and Midwestern Girl

Debbie M.
on 12/22/09 9:57 pm, edited 12/22/09 9:59 pm

To anyone considering a revision I need to warn you about Midwestern Girl.

Revision surgery is serious business.  There are few surgeons around the country who are really experts in this field especially when it comes to RNY-DS Revisions.

Midwestern Girl feels that if a surgeon responds to a posting made by a someone who is considering such a step, that they are trolling for business and have no ethics and she specficially points to Dr. Keshishian whom she has never spoken to or met.

I'd like to tell you froom personal experience that this is a man who answers the tough questions and tells people to explore their options.  I've met and spoken with him over the phone several times and not once has he asked for my business.

MWG is ridiculous and she has no first hand knowledge of the things she posts.  She's chosen to block me instead of coming to the table to have a fair and balanced discussion which is her right. Just don't get caught up in her nonsene.  If you're lucky, she'll block you from postings as she does to anyone who stands up to her.

The only message I really want to get across here is not to listen to her negative comments regarding Dr. Keshishian, he is a man of high standards with an amazing moral compass.

Vivian Prouty
on 12/22/09 10:05 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Debbie....I don't know either of you but I wouldn't necessarly think that a "surgeon" lurking and answering surgery questions is looking for additional patients either.    In fact......it probably is NOT the surgeon answering the questions but probably one of their staff members.     Good luck to you and I feel that none of us have the right to put down a surgeon unless we have first hand experience of their work !!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Debbie M.
on 12/22/09 10:07 pm, edited 12/22/09 10:15 pm
Hi Vivian - thanks so much for your support, that's exactly how I feel.  Just an fyi, he personally does come online from time to time to answer questions which is what impressed me so much to begin with.   I remember Husted also use to do that. 
Happy Holidays!
Vivian Prouty
on 12/22/09 10:12 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Debbie....I don't need a revision.   I come here to post the daily Grateful Post but caught the title of your post and lurked here.     That impresses me also.    I don't know Midwestern Girl nor Husted.     So I have nothing to say of either of them but I wish you lots of luck with your revision.    I know it has to be harder the second time around.   Good luck and Merry Christmas !!!!

Hugs  and blessings ~~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Debbie M.
on 12/22/09 10:15 pm
Thanks so much Vivian - my best to you and yours over the joyus holiday season.
Kerry J.
on 12/22/09 10:26 pm - Santa Clara, UT
And true to form, she's following her normal MO. As soon as someone stands up to her or disagrees with her BS, she deletes her idiotic posts and blocks the person who called her on her BS. 

Typical.

Kerry
shele
on 12/22/09 10:49 pm

Dr K has been very kind and helpful to me. He has never tried to entice me to be his patient or anyhting of the sort.  He is to be commended for his compasion and infinite knowledge.

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Georgina R.
on 12/23/09 7:29 am - Bakersfield, CA
I want to point out to everybody also that Dr. Keshishian has answered LOTS of all kinds of questions from all kinds of people on several different forums.  He takes his own time to answer questions from people that need help--for no personal gain.
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/09 12:56 pm
Deb,

I unblocked her and then posted on the ERNY thread, it seems that she didn't like my post and blocked me,  LOLOL.  Thank my lucky stars!
What a lunatic!

We probably should post a warning about once a week.

Michele
danas
on 12/23/09 2:23 pm - CA
We probably should post a warning about once a week.

This is a great idea! That looney-toon blocked me months ago. I was just thinking the other day that someone need to warn newbies about this nut.
Won against big bad (SoCal) Kaiser for a Duodenal Switch  Haven't heard of DS? Kaiser wants it that way. Come on over & read the truth
Hit goal (Normal BMI) on 2-10-11!    I LOVE my DS!!
My approval process timeline:
02/12/09 - Dr. refused to refer me for WLS
03/03/09 - Vented/whined about it on another board, planned to just wait until next year & switch plans
Let's see what happens!  **updates in blog**
Most Active