Sterling, Ny

Katie D.
on 2/10/05 12:59 pm - Tonawanda, NY
Hi there! Is there anyone from NY who has gone to the Renaissance Faire in Sterling, New York? That's out near Rochester. I've only been once, but plan on going this year. I'm hooked to these things and cannot get enough of them. I plan on having a costume custom made as well. There's this lady on eBay who makes and sells them. They are gorgeous, and I am suprised at how decent of a price they are. Depending what season, they've gone from the $20's up to $100 and they are beautifully and well made. Anyone else dress up?
pamngalen
on 2/13/05 2:08 pm - Stockton, CA
Hello Katie, Although I have'nt gone to the faire in New York, I am very active in the faire here in California. I belong to a guild who protrays the court. I play Elizabeth Lady Russell. I have been in faire for about ten years now and love it. I am the guild's costume person (approval and help). I could give you links on the internet that are good resources and historically acurate if you want. I sew my own costumes and I am currently planning my new thin one for the faire season this fall. I do not know if you attend as a customer, which we did for years before joining in the fun. Let me know which costume level you want information for, peasant, middle class, or noble. Pam
joanned1998
on 6/1/05 2:50 am - Farmington, NY
Hi Katie, gee, I just found this message while "googling" for information on the Renaissance at Sterling this summer. Isn't the Internet a wonderful thing?? Hope you are still active here! Co-incidentally, I am also a three year post op, 180 pound loss and holding at a size 12. Life is wonderful. The Sterling Festival is totally awesome and i would guess one of the best. I have been there many times and plan on buying tickets for July 9 weekend. Not just because of all the events and actors, but the SETTING is gorgeous. All woods, very very pretty, and as it is somewhat hilly, is set on various levels. It is awesome. Hope you go and have a blast. Sincerely, Joanne Donaldson (I run the Farmington NY support group and have a profile on this site)
Stormy71
on 6/24/05 12:58 pm - Olean, NY
Hi Katie, I have not been to Sterling yet, but I do have a gown that my mom and I made that I am selling. If you still are in need of a gown I could send you a pic of mine as I am in Olean. I have to make a new one because I am losing so much weight. You can email me at [email protected]. Stormy 346/285/151
Most Active
Recent Topics
Wow! A RF forum!
AllieSutherland · 0 replies · 439 views
Wicked Winter Renaissance Faire
DrGaellon · 0 replies · 615 views
NYRF and SCA
DrGaellon · 0 replies · 398 views