Zucchini Ricotta Bake

Julia23
on 10/22/08 9:11 am - UT
2 pounds of Zucchini (4 small/med sized ones)
15 Oz of Ricotta Cheese
2 Eggs
1/2 c. Dry breadcrumbs
5 TBSP parmesean cheese
1 TBSP minced parsley
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp pepper
28 oz jar Spaghetti Sauce
1- 1/2 c. (6oz) mozerella Cheese

Cut Zucchini lengthwise 1/4 inch slices.  Place in a little bit of water and steam.  Pat dry.
In bowl combine ricotta cheese, eggs, 3 TBSP breadcrumbs, 3TBSP parmsean cheese, parsley, oregano, basil, and pepper.
Spread 1/3 spaghetti sauce in a 13inx9inX2in baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Cover with 1/2 of the Zucchini, then half of the ricotta mixture, then the mozerella cheese, sprinkle breadcrumbs.  Repeat layer once more.
Combine remaining crumbs and parmesean, sprinkle over top.  Cover and bake at 350 Degrees for 45 minutes.  Uncover, add mozerella cheese to top then bake 15min more. 
Spencerb52
on 10/23/08 1:43 am
Sounds great - thanks for sharing!

Jo
DS:9 yrs old / DD:5 yrs old / DS: 1 yr old

"Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward." -Soren Kierkegaard-
Carrie C.
on 10/26/08 4:18 am - Harrah, OK
I tried this last night and LOVED it. I wish I had the NUT values.
Carrie  Banded 3/19/2008              H276/S222/C168/G140

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIU59aJ/
Lori G.
on 11/3/08 12:35 am - Phoenix, AZ
I made this recipe for dinner Saturday night with a couple of adjustments.  I did not use the breadcrumbs, and I used my own homemade spagetti sauce ( I make a vat at a time and put in small freezer bags...no sugar, etc). 
I also cut up fresh vegies (colorfull peppers, onions, garlic, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms.  I sauteed all of this in EVOO and a dash of Balsamic Vinegar al dente.  I then topped the casserole with all of this and then added the cheese on top.

Wow...it was sooooo good.  My husband loved it.  Very easy and full of great tasting veggies.

Thanks for the recipe.  I am sure I will be sharing this one and also making it often!

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

TiaNina
on 2/14/09 8:26 am - Escalon (Modesto), CA
I made this tonight (minus the breadcrumbs) and it came out so yummy!  Thank you so much for posting this recipe.  ;D

Most Active