irregular heartbeat

Lisa Jean
on 5/10/05 2:22 pm
Hi guys, Just curious if anyone else notices an irregular heartbeat as evening approaches. I dont know if its because Im tired and it starts to miss beat or if its old panic/anxiety kicking in.......I used to be on pills for that years ago but got it under control. Or I dont know if its normal to have this when prego, as my thyroid level is ok as of a month ago and my synthroid medication for my thyroid disease didnt need to be changed. Its like I can feel it beating and then all of a sudden it skips a beat, and then beats a hard beat...and then starts all over. Of course I then begin to body anylize it and find myself with my fingers checking my pulse on my neck (old anxiety habits) and then I feel panicy. I see my High risk ob for the first time next Tues and I will tell him about this.........but Im hoping its just anxiety and not my heart! UGH Im freaking out at why did I even get prego at 33 yrs old and 325 (down from 503)....it wasnt planned, but still, I sometimes get mad that I let it happen. I worry Im too obese to have a healthy pregnancy and that I have a bad heart and it wont be able to take this stress. No, no doc has ever told me I have a bad heart........its just a fear of mine I guess. Dumb huh? I swear Im the biggest worrier, but when my heart does this missbeating thingy, if freaks me OUT! ~Lisa 7 wks prego DS/bpd 2/20/03 503# to 325 currently
EHarding
on 5/10/05 2:48 pm
Hi Lisa Welcome to the Pos op Preggo board! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I do not know anything about the irregular heartbeat thingy, but I did want to pop in and say that I just read your profile, and you have done a wonderful job! I think that your going to do fine with the pregnancy, sounds like you have a great surgeon too. I am sure he will do everything to ensure your pregnancy is a good one! Much love to you & God Bless! Erin Mommy to Taryn Grace born 10.4.02 Baby #2 Nugget due 10.17.05 Lap RNY 4.10.03
Fatfreedom
on 5/11/05 12:17 am - NH
Hey Lisa, Maybe call your doc to let them know and see if they want you to come in before next Tuesday? I am sure you are fine, but I can totally understand why you would be worried! Your baby is going to be fine!!! Good luck to you and keep us posted! Erica 27 weeks pregnant
Audra P.
on 5/11/05 7:31 am - Torrance, CA
Hi Lisa, Congrats on your pregnancy. I am about 8 weeks pregnant. Post op LAP RNY 2 years. I had my first child before gastric bypass and I was over 300 lbs. I had tachycardia (rapid heartbeat) throughout the entire pregnancy then it went away after I delivered. Needless to say I know how it feels to be checking your pulse constantly. I too have had the irregular heartbeat by unlike you mine didn't go away on it's on. I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation and was on medication for about a year. The atrial fibrillation happened after I delivered but before gastric bypass. I know exactly what it feels like to have no pulse for a second or two then all of a sudden a big THUMP. It's not a great feeling. My suggestion is to stay away from caffeine until you go to your appointment next week. Your doctor may refer you to a cardiologist, but don't panic, that's just a precaution. My atrial fibrillation was triggered from my sleep apnea. I wasn't getting enough oxygen when I was sleeping therefore my heart decided it wanted to beat irregular. Needless to say it doesn't require surgery and like I said you're not as bad as mine was because yours seems to come and go. Mine stayed until I got on medication. Good luck to you and keep me posted. Feel free to email me directly at [email protected]
betty N.
on 5/13/05 5:51 am - bunnell, FL
Lisa, I know this might be alittle late, but thats okay. Before I had my GB I had irregular Heartbeats and I had numerous amounts of tests and everything ( stress tests, halter monitors ect.) From what I understood it was a majority was my weight, well I had the surgery Jan 04 and I hadnt had any palpatations UNTIL i got pregnant. Now I do get them every now and then, but from what I understand the baby is putting a BIG strain on our bodies and I also think that some people get them and some people dont. I also suffer from panic disorder so i know about cking the heart beat making sure Im not gonna die or anything, but let me know what your Dr says ok, but I think all is well and it will end when we have our babies... Betty
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1391 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 938 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1434 views