is it time? questions issues concerns.

sherry R.
on 1/3/09 10:00 am
Hi all, i had surgery august 13 2008. im 4 months out jan 13 will make 5 months out.

i am now at 230 lbs? ( wonder if this is due to excess stomach skin ( icky gross right now ) i have heard that you are supposed to wait untill you are a year out. well to go from 320 initail to 291.2 at surgery date and to now over all be down about 90 lbs at 230.. i think that its time for plastic surgery inthe coming months.

here are the issues concerns and questions.

i am broke i make enough just to cover bills each month. barely.. i am in north carolina. specific things i want to get done is. brazillian butt lift, tummy inner thighs and arms and boobs. ( bad looking sites. really bad. i cant even fill out jeans. booty is just that flat.

i need to figure out how i can finance this and get a cheap monthly cost so that i can budget it in to what i make each month.

i need to find a doctor with experience in allof this.  i have blue cross blue shield insurance. i need to know if anyone has had any dealings with them as far as plastics and what happen ( i wanna hear your story) 

is there anyone else out there having these same problem's issues and concerns and how they are dealing with it.

has anyone gone through medical universities in north carolina. my  friend told me to try the burn center at unc chapel hill and see if i can donate my excess skin for burn victims to help them recover.  or has anyone had plastic surgery done through unc chapel hill or brody school of medicine in greenville, nc.

any help would be greatly appreciated
Your faith is stronger than you think.  - my Mom
Weight: initial-320, , surgery- 291.2 now -205 had baby july 1, 2011 Regained to 242 (due to unemployment)  t goal weight _ what ever it ends at.
HolliBeth1
on 1/3/09 10:58 am - Millbrook, AL
You are not finished losing! Wait at least a year or you maintain for 6 months!!! You do not want to do it too early! Let me know about the burn unit, I will join you!!! Got lots to donate. I took a second job and saved like crazy. I stopped Starbucks and going out to eat. I went to cheaper foods at the store and stuck with cabbage and cheap meat. There is a site called sayyes to plastics I think..ask someone on here. I am sure they can tell you, Holli

Highest~ 267/ Surgery~ 253/Current~133/ GOAL 130
August 31, 2006 ~ Gastric Bypass~December 19, 2008 ~Tuck with muscle repair~December 16, 2009 ~ Tummy Tuck revision (loosened skin as a result of stretch marks), Mons reduction, Mini Inner Thigh Lift, BL/BA to Full C from AA :)~December 18, 2013 ~ Butt Lift and brachioplasty~Completed by Dr. Wang-Ashraf at Artisan Plastic Surgery in Atlanta, Georgia.
"No day, but today", RENT...Johnathan Larson

HolliBeth1
on 1/3/09 11:02 am - Millbrook, AL
I forgot....keep losing & it will benefit you with insurance, because if your tummy hangs lower than your pubic area your insuramce may cover the tummy tuck. I am here to talk anytime~ Holli

Highest~ 267/ Surgery~ 253/Current~133/ GOAL 130
August 31, 2006 ~ Gastric Bypass~December 19, 2008 ~Tuck with muscle repair~December 16, 2009 ~ Tummy Tuck revision (loosened skin as a result of stretch marks), Mons reduction, Mini Inner Thigh Lift, BL/BA to Full C from AA :)~December 18, 2013 ~ Butt Lift and brachioplasty~Completed by Dr. Wang-Ashraf at Artisan Plastic Surgery in Atlanta, Georgia.
"No day, but today", RENT...Johnathan Larson

SCushway
on 1/4/09 1:31 am - Daphne, AL
I have BCBS AL and my policy won't cover any type of plastic surgery for at least 2 years following WLS.  Check with your policy to see what, how much and when they will cover.  And it goes without saying that it has to be medically necessary.  I am almost a year out and will start doing my research at 18 months out.  I know I am still losing and would like to lose another 30-40 lbs before having any plastics done.  I also want to have a breast lift, which I know already my insurance won't cover.  Got to get the girls back up where they belong...lol.

Sandi

sherry R.
on 1/4/09 1:48 pm
thanks everyone for your info and insight. i will just try to be calm and keep working on losing. and i will see what i can find as far as the burn unit thing goes. as well and i will let everyone know.
Weight: initial-320, , surgery- 291.2 now -205 had baby july 1, 2011 Regained to 242 (due to unemployment)  t goal weight _ what ever it ends at.
Redhaired
on 1/4/09 8:21 pm - Mouseville, FL
When you are ready you might want to see if any of these plastics residency programs offer special pricing.

Red

[3603611072]  University of North Carolina Hospitals Program
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
7040 Burnett-Womack
CB 7195
Chapel HillNC 27599-7195

Plastic Surgery

Charles  S. Hultman, MD

(919)966-4446
(919)966-3814
[email protected]   

[3603611074]  Wake Forest University School of Medicine Program
Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Medical Center Boulevard
Winston-Salem, NC 27157

Plastic Surgery

Lisa  R. David, MD

(336)716-4559
(336)716-7755
[email protected]   

[3603621073]  Duke University Hospital Program
Duke
University Medical Center

Post Office Box 3945
DurhamNC 27710

Plastic Surgery

Michael  R. Zenn, MD

(919)684-2666
(919)684-4954

sherry R.
on 1/10/09 3:01 am
RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh do you know how you so rock right now. I did not even think of Duke university and i live down the street from them Lmaooooooo!!! Great day... Thanks for your help.. so i have a starting point next fall..
Most Active