Thursday reckoning

Connie D.
on 9/17/15 12:51 pm

Hello Eileen....I got the info you sent me this morning...thank you!

I am glad you chose to rest up today...as much as you can while moving! I feel so bad that you are in pain and have all those bruises and blood spots all over. As for the ingrown nail you probably should go in...at least by tomorrow. Are you soaking it in water w/ epsom salts? I hope tomorrow is a better day! 

I use to get those blood spots at the least little pressure. My doctor took me off my Symbicort inhaler and that stopped the spots completely. I don't know if you use one. If you do check it out. I am so glad to get rid of those awful spots!!

I am glad Juliette is liking her new home. As long as you are there she will feel safe.

I hope you have an easier night at work tonight. 

Love you...hugs...connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 9/17/15 2:24 pm - Evansville, IN

Nope, not on Symbicort. I use Pulmicort for my asthma. I am not using epsom salt, just warm soapy water ... that's what the doc at urgent care told me. Plus, at one point, I lost the prescription antibiotic he wanted me to use and went back to using generic neosporin. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

ArleneG
on 9/17/15 3:52 pm

Slowly but surely the moving will get done. Take care. Oh, I haven't had a slice of pizza since before my WLS. Sounds yummy. Take it easy.

Connie D.
on 9/17/15 10:59 am

Good afternoon Cindi and everyone....

Cindi....I hope all goes well at your appointment!! They won't say anything to upset you. They are only there to help. So many people regain they are use to that!!  They will give you some information on what to do next if you want it.

As for me..... I am doing okay. I always get sick from those darn flu shots!! I had the usually headache last night. I woke up nauseas. I drank water and more water. I am finally feeling better. The nausea is completely gone. I will stay on liquids for the day.

We had really bad storms last night and off and on through the night. It rained this morning. Now it looks like the sun is trying to come out.

I will check in again later. Have a good day everyone!!

Prayers for our precious OFF Family and their families. Special prayers as requested.

I love you all!! I want nothing but good things for you!!!

Loads of love and bunches of hugs.....connie d

Ready2goNOW
on 9/17/15 1:22 pm

Well hello everyone!

I have missed my OFF family while enjoying my stepdaughter's visit. She had us on the run from the time she arrived & I am still not back to normal! We ate & drank & partied until I felt positively awful. No need for a 'pouch,' I felt it w/out one...lol! Anyway, we all had such a great time and Jim was just tickled pink!

I GOT MY SURGERY DATE! October 12th! I am so ready to get this done! The past several weeks...not to mention the past week have convinced me more than ever I need this surgery and need to get back on track NOW! Playtime is definitely over!

I am getting friend requests from the same 'lady.' I guess I need to report her, too!

Vickie, you are so MULTI-talented...your sewing projects look so professional! The house is coming together...looks homey w/the touches you have added. And I noticed that you have not been talking so much about the grief the past week so I think all the sewing is keeping you busy! I am sure the gyno appointment helped as well given your history w/them and Butch!

Cindi, I know you have to get things done for the move, but you are being hard on yourself. Packing up a long-term house is an ongoing....not OVERNIGHT process and you have been at it all summer. Of course you are exhausted and running out of steam. But you will get there.  And I hope your appointment went well and you feel ENcouraged rather than DIScouraged after seeing the assistant. I truly believe obesity is a disease we need to treat like any other. It never really goes away...

Eileen, am so happy you have gotten into your new place. What a relief! I hope you get to feeling better, but w/like Cindi this move has been pending for awhile and the cir****tances leading to it were not the best. You are going thru a lot of changes w/your brother moving in, etc. You'll get to where you feel better after things have settled a bit!

Jeannie, I was sorry to hear of your health problems. You are such a trooper, though! And you gave me a giggle when you apologized for 'being absent' for a few days. Said like a true educator...lol!

Judy, I swear the drama never ends in Ohio! I'd be running out of work every night like my pants were on fire. And some of your family are a real treat! Just SMH! good thing you have Rick, but HIS relatives are NUTS! Karma for that aunt saying she was having surgery then going MIA!

Mary, my heart still goes out to you. I assume Jim's services took place w/out drama based on what you have been saying about getting yourself back on track. I wish you lived closer...nothing excites me more than a good deal at a yard sale or 2nd hand store.

Connie, glad to hear your depression is lifting. I hope it stabilizes before the weather gets colder & darker. Yes, I have SAD & really need to get my sunlight when I can...that is why last winter was so hard...the sun barely came out! I need to get a flu shot, too, time is just flying by! Hope you feel better from that, too.

I am going to close...Jazz made cheerleading so she gets home 2:30, hangs w/her best friend for an hour, does her homework and 'chills' til I take her to practice at 5pm. then pick up at 7pm, dinner, shower, TV & bed! I AM SO TIRED!

Love to all!

Kathy

Connie D.
on 9/18/15 1:05 pm

Hi Kathy...I just saw this post as I didn't get back on again yesterday.

I am so glad you had a wild time with your (step) daughter. I am sure Jim was elated!! I need a few of the times!!!

Woot Woot Jazz on making Cheerleading!!!

I am doing okay after the flu shot...I do have a horrible headache again today....UGH!! 

I am hanging in there today!!!

Love you much...HUGS....connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 9/17/15 7:36 am, edited 9/17/15 8:07 am - Evansville, IN

Oh, and btw, I sent emails to those I had emails for noting my change of address, both snail mail and email. If I didn't send you one and you'd like my email and home address, send me a PM and I'll get it to you. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

cindibarre
on 9/17/15 4:32 pm - Danforth, ME

Good Evening Ladies-

Well I survived the trip to the big city without seeing any moose.  PA was kind to me.  My weight is officially 315.  Haven't reached my all time high but gotta stop the gain.  I know that daily exercise will help when I get back to Texas.  She asked me how they could help and really it's up to me.  They won't do a revision to my sleeve to give me a smaller tube.  I can't be revised to RNY because the pouch would be too small.  So I have to get back to the basics.  Nothing to drink 30 minutes before a meal, during the meal or 30 minutes after.  Focus on eating and really chewing my protein first.  I know I have a carb issue so I have to pick healthy carbs and not candy and breads.

I am trying to be more positive but I'm not happy with this gain.  It's like I'm fulfilling the prophecy of the first shrink evaluation that said I had to deal with comfort eating before I could have surgery.  So the plan is to try to get better control on the drinking before, during and after meals.  Going to focus on protein first and good carbs like fruit and veggies.  When I get back to Texas I will be teaching water fitness again so that will help with the exercise component.  I just have to get back into control so I will also look at finding a therapist when I get to Texas.  Gotta get the weight off again or they won't fix my knees.  I've done it before and I will do it again.

Strangely today when I went for lunch at the Chinese Buffet I couldn't finish the plate.  There is something some spice or whatever that causes me to feel really full when I eat Chinese.  Don't know what it is.

So someone mentioned pizza.  Here's my healthy version of pizza that I still make.  I bake a portobello mushroom in the toaster oven, then I add the Contadina Pizza Sauce that comes in a squeeze bottle.  I use fresh mozarella balls (about 5 small) and bake again in toaster oven.  All the taste of pizza with protein and a good mushroom carb.

So after the Surgeon's PA I went and got the squeek removed from the car door.  It had suddenly appeared after they repaired the damage from the idiot who backed into me.  Then I went to dentist.  No cavities and they checked the crown that has to be re-done when I get to Texas as that tooth area has been achy.  

Talked to moving company.  No southbound truck yet so Plan A will be clean empty house and then head to NH to see PCP if I can get appointment then on to Mom's for a week.  I should get to Texas by the 15th.

Well that's all for now ladies.  I have confessed my current weight finally and feel better that it is out in the open.  I am working to get my head on straight and then the weight off.  Hugs and thoughts going out to all of you who need them.

Cindi B.

PS  I did get one of those strange messages too yesterday but I just deleted it.  I never check the mail feature on OH.

Connie D.
on 9/18/15 1:22 pm

Hello Cindi....sorry I didn't get back yesterday to reply to this post. 

I love mushroom pizza...I and some onion to mine or some black olives....YUM.

I am glad your trip was Mooseless!!! It sounds like your appointment went well. I wish you the best on going back to basics. I seriously need to do that...2 weeks of Premier Protein....30 grams of protein per drink. 3-4 a day! Then I will add in liquids and one meal a day until I lose this weight!! I am still keeping the 26 off I did lose but still have the next 25 to go!!! 

So glad you got rid of your door squeak!! I hate those kinds of irritating sounds!!

I hope you can head out the 15th as planned. The crappy weather isn't too far away anymore!

Love ya...hugs....connie d

Cindy P.
on 9/17/15 4:36 pm

Good Afternoon.  Got up very early in order to drive to the valley for an early appointment after which we had breakfast and then drove further to go to Costco.  Got home a while ago.  We are both so tired.

OFF is a busy place today -- there are lots of posts.  I read through them and now can only recall a few things that I wanted to say. 

Cindi, I hope your bariatric appointment went well.  I think that, most often, we beat ourselves up over things and punish ourselves wayyyyy more than what others would do to us.

Eileen, so glad to see that you are moved in and beginning the process of unpacking.  I hope you enjoy your new surroundings.  Moving is so exhausting.  Give yourself plenty of time to unpack and put things in their place. 

Vickie, I'm so impressed with your ability to make a house a home -- to make it comfy and cozy.  Your living room looks very nice with your new rug and sheers on the window.  Can't wait to see the finished product -- all in various shades and patterns of blue. 

Connie, I need to get a flu shot.  Last year's shot was the first time I was ever really bothered by a shot.  I'm glad your symptoms are starting to abate already.

It must be time to go to bed -- as my mind just wants to shut off.  I'm afraid to lay down as I know I would go to sleep and then have issues later on tonight. 

We had a pretty big rain storm roll in last night and earlier today but the sun is shining now.  The weather forecasters had warned everyone to bring their lawn chairs in because we were expecting heavy winds but they didn't materialize. 

I hope you all have a good night and that those of us who've been having trouble sleeping will get some good rest.

Cindy P.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 395 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1198 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1141 views