Terrific Thursday, What is up all??

Eileen Briesch
on 12/8/11 1:29 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Monica and my OFF family:

Monica, sorry you are feeling sore and depressed. I sure understand how that can be. I hope you get some relief soon. I hurt a lot lately, too ... My hands hurt now, too.

Vickie, I wish I could help you ... if you need to talk, I'm off the next couple of days.

I miss seeing my decorations up for Christmas. I gave up my last week of vacation yesterday so I could get it in my paycheck when I leave. It will make things easier on my soon-to-be former coworkers. Last night, one of them called it sick, which made it tough on everyone. He seems to call in sick a lot right after his days off. Oh well.

It's my weekend, and after last week with no real days off because of the interview, I'm ready to veg. I have laundry to do, lots of things to clean up in the house. Maybe some boxes to pack. I will have to do the drug screen, hopefully tomorrow.

Hope some of you feeling depressed or hurting can find some relief. Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Laureen S.
on 12/8/11 1:31 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Afternoon My OFFr Friends,

Hoping that you all get through what rough spots your are dealing with right now, seems we all are having some and much surrounds either health or family and in some instances both, so I sincerely send my thoughts and prayers for your relief in those cir****tances.

Yesterday after the volunteer thing we did at the Food Bank, which I must say was a very enlightening experience, as well as a rewarding one for me, personally, I drove home and since my nails needed doing and one popped off while I was doing things at the FB yesterday, I stopped at my nail salon, wound up having to redo the whole set, which was not on my list of items to want to deal with, anyway, I'm sitting there and realized that I had someone coming to my house at 6:30 to see the upstairs that is being rented in my home, so I had to leave without the polishing, so my nails look all spiffy, minus the polish (lol), going back this evening, think this season calls for a nice vibrant red.

I am at work, nothing too extraordinary about my day today and I like it that way, need to stop and pick up paint and supplies, either tonight or tomorrow, going to freshen up my old house this upcoming weekend, well actually my roommate is doing the work, I'm providing the paint and supplies, part of our rental agreement is for him to do stuff around the house.  We are also getting a new roommate in January, Roxie took to her immediately and that kind of sealed the deal and I actually think this woman will fit into the mix very well, so I'm looking forward to the New Year, new beginnings aspect.

Well that about covers what is going on with me today, other than meeting up with my friend Owen this evening and hitting an AA meeting, as well as going back to the nail salon.. .

Have a great day!  Wishing peace and strength to all!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

cindibarre
on 12/8/11 3:02 am - Danforth, ME
Monica and OFF-

Monica- so proud of you!  403 days that's terrific.  I have to laugh about Yoda.  My parents had a lab that used to steal presents from under the tree and open them.  Finally was able to train to only find her presents by wrapping numerous rawhide chews and putting them under the tree.

Nan - Glad you're feeling a little better and up to some baking.

Vickie-  I think you have come up with a plan to salvage the relationship with your daughter and Benny.  My friend that I told you about has reached her limit too.  She established some boundaries last week and I hope she keeps them.  New car sounds wonderful.  I had the same problem finding AWD or 4WD in Texas when I bought my Element.

Eileen- so when do you officially end work in LA and move to IN.

Connie- hope things turn around for you soon.  I know how debilitating depression can be along with chronic pain.

This morning I had to scrap frost from the windshield again.  I was using my driver's license to do it.  I'll have to dig into my car and find my scrapper to make it easier.  I guess you could call it a NSV moment but I am cold all the time since I lost the weight.  Fortunately I am still using my CPAP machine so on these cold nights I just burrow under the comforter and blankets.  Flannel sheet, flannel nightgown and socks are making sleep tolerable.

I joined the local wellness center for six months while I am down here.  The have aqua Zumba classes which I want to try.  The also have yoga and I can use their machines and pool anytime there is not a class.  So this morning I got up, dressed and went to Yoga class.  Another NSV as I was able to get down on the yoga mat to down some of the poses without a lot of effort, still have a lot of flexibility to gain but I'm proud of myself.

Tonight they are showing "The Help" at the wellness center so I am going to take a fellow volunteer and go see it.  This is such a small community and I am surprised that they have this wellness center.  I suspect they must have gotten Federal grant money or oil money to pay for it.  They serve a lunch there every day as well.  I like the concept and the cost is the same as when I belonged to Curves.

That's about all from Texas.  I'm stuck in the visitor center doing nothing, thus my ability to post.  Project is going well.  I've generated a lot of paper to recycle and they will not have to buy folders, hanging folders or press board folders for many years.  I've already filled 7 paper boxes with those.  Have about 8 more loose boxes to go until I actually get into the file cabinets themselves!

Sending positive vibes to all in need.

Cindi
Judy G.
on 12/8/11 6:07 am - Galion, OH

Evening Monica and OFF family!!!

Today all I seemed to do is paperwork and take a walk around the apartments. I am beat!!! One of the renters that is a little slow stopped in office to get his mail and say hello to me...all he had on was shorts and showes!!! OMG!!! It is 34* outside and windy and he is half naked!!! I told hi to go home and put some clothes on!! He said to me "aren't you gonna look at me?" NO! Go home and put some clothes on NOW!!!!! I had to tell him several times to go home...OMG Its funny but now its not...we think he has a crush on me and trying to make a move on me!! He hasn't been to the office so many time like he has now since I started working here. Just hope he doesn't try anything because he is huge!!! YIKES!!!

Got the tree up last night in club house now everything is all done. Now we can concentrate on unpacking our stuff again!!! I feel like we live in a hoarders place!!! So hopefully we get things done soon to make it more livable!!!

Well supper is ready so got to go eat. Thoughts and Prayers for all that need them!!

HUGS

Debbiejean
on 12/8/11 9:22 am - Shelbyville, MI
Monica...I'm so proud of YOU...403 days sober! Be joyful and hope those bones and muscles feel better this evening.
Michigan is cold right now and snow is just around the corner again. Enjoy your sunshine.

Hi OFF family and it's a busy day at work for me today, came in at 11am so I'm doing a 12 hour shift today. I'll hit the bed as soon as I get home! LOL

Nothing new with me so I'll just say prayers and hugs for all in need. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views